You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-02 16:32:04

ScienceofSpock

Wanhao D7 (NanoDLP) new user issues

So, my roommate and I purchased the Wanhao D7. I setup a Raspberry Pi 3B with NanoDLP, flashed the v1.3 firmware on the printer, setup a profile for the Wanhao starter resin, and now I'm trying to do a "dry run" of the included Makerook plate. I changed the resin profile used in the plate to the resin profile I created (Not that that actually matters for a dry run, but whatever).

After I start and confirm the print, the printer does nothing at all. The log looks like this:

Notice  1   2018-04-02 03:04:49.41033   Terminal    Received Data From RAMPS: ok 0
Info    1   2018-04-02 03:04:49.406864  RAMPS Sync  Waiting for done message from RAMPS
Debug   1   2018-04-02 03:04:49.40679   Gcode   Transfering Data M107
Error   1   2018-04-02 03:04:49.406231  Gcode   External Call Problem exit status 1 TOKEN is unset or empty: Did you create /etc/pushover.conf or specify -T on the command line?

It seems to be waiting on done messages, but I believe the v1.3 firmware was supposed to add those, right? Clicking on "Stop Print" shows the confirm box "Print will stop when the current layer finishes etc. etc., go to setup->tools to force a stop.", and clicking on "ok" actually starts the build plate moving, until it gets to the next "waiting for done" message. Using the force stop button in Setup->Tools does exactly the same thing, so it seems that I cannot stop a print, because while it's waiting on these done messages, it will never finish the first layer, and the only way to kill it is to manually power it off and back on, which is a minor problem on its own, but I'm more concerned with the issue of the "done" messages.

What have I missed? The Easy Setup page seems to be a bit dated and possibly missing some info. Is there a good, current step by step set of instructions to get going with this printer that explains everything?

#2 2018-04-02 21:19:29

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Wanhao D7 (NanoDLP) new user issues

I guess you need to use patched 1.3 firmware. Checkout D7 wiki.

#3 2018-04-02 21:46:02

ScienceofSpock

Hi Shahin,
Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned in my post, I already am using the 1.3 firmware from the Easy Install page.

#4 2018-04-03 03:32:33

ScienceofSpock

I double checked and even reflashed the 1.3 firmware from the Easy Install page. Trying to start a plate does nothing. It just shows the log items I posted above. If I go to the Z-Axis control page, I can move the build plate up or down using the "Move Z Up 10" or "Move Z Down 10" buttons, and most of the buttons on the right work (Top doesn't). I don't know what I'm doing wrong. As far as I can tell, I am following the Easy Install instructions to the letter. The one glaring hole I can see is that the Easy Install instructions don't say anything at all about the resin profiles, and since they seem to include some G-Code, I think they're possibly where my problem lies, but since I can't really find any info, and I'm not sure what I should even be searching for, I'm basically lost.

#5 2018-04-03 04:15:03

ScienceofSpock

So, I reinstalled NanoDLP on the Raspberry Pi and now it seems to be going through the motions properly when I try to print the Makerook plate. I guess now, I need to find the right resin profile for the Wanhao 405nm Grey resin that came with it. Any suggestions? I tried using theWanhao D7 FTD Grey from here and I think that maybe what was causing problems before.

#6 2018-04-03 16:05:26

ScienceofSpock

I managed to get through a print, but there is literally nothing attached to the build plate. I imported the Wanhao D7 FTD Gray resin profile from the repo, I compared this profile to some of the other profiles and ended up removing the following lines from the before and after g-code sections:

G4 P1
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]

Because those were apparently what was causing the printer to stop and wait when I first posted this question.

I then edited the plate to use that resin profile and then rebuilt the plate, put resin in the tank, started the print and nothing came out. Seriously, this has to be something simple and someone has to have figured it out, I mean, you guys are getting successful prints, right? Someone throw me a bone here...

Someone has to have printed *SOMETHING* using NanoDLP with the Wanhao D7 with the gray starter resin they ship. How did you do your first print?

Last edited by ScienceofSpock (2018-04-03 16:08:21)

#7 2018-04-04 05:22:41

Shahin
Administrator

Different mechanism and gcode being used by different users, so difficult to use profile as is on D7. If nothing get attached to the build platform, it could be a burnin layer cure time, fast speed or something wrong with your build platform and it require sanding and etc.
Usually if you make sure print starts when platform get to correct position (touch VAT for the first layer) and use high enough cure time with slow speed, you should get something printed out. After that you can start optimizing values.

#8 2018-04-04 17:21:59

ScienceofSpock

Looks like we got everything figured out! Incorrect resin profile caused our burn layers to cure for an insufficient amount of time, which caused the print to not stick to the build plate. Instead, it stuck to the bottom film of the resin tank, and prevented subsequent prints from working. Of course, we didn't know there was a solid chunk of cured resin in the bottom of the tank until we cleaned the whole thing. Got that all cleaned out and used a better resin profile and we got our first good print!

Small gallery here:
https://imgur.com/a/TrYfv

#9 2021-01-06 02:57:07

vl80k

Hello!
Have some problem. Raspberry pi 3b+ doesn't load OS (nanodlp_d7_0517), like doesn't see it on sd. Other OS load ok, including OS from this site. So I decided to use it. But printer doesn't want to load, it is written something like - "wait a little, printer is loading" on printer display. But it does commands from IP control - move, home...
Maybe original default display doesn't work correctly with raspberry or nanoDLP OS, and it is needed to get Nextion display?
Thank you!

Board footer