You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-13 16:23:00

rob

Calibration plate estimated printing time

I had been printing a calibration plate (great tool, btw) and I noticed there is no real indication about print duration.
Once generated, it would be great to be able to check print time at least on the plates page.

Furthermore, while printing it only shows (in loop) ETA related to a single layer exposure. No info about the whole process percentage or remaining time.

Not sure if it might be complicated to calculate (print work a little different from normal models), but would be great to add the feature.
Thanks in advance for support.

#2 2017-11-13 20:18:29

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Calibration plate estimated printing time

It is not difficult but time consuming. I think it is better if we spend time on improving features which being used every day.

#3 2017-11-13 22:21:34

Sacha
Website

I also support idea to finalize this feature, and make them more user fiendly. Time for this feature is one of the thing that need to be defined. I'm sugesting one more thing. Elements that is printed, we need to clean before serius examination from residu or resin. If it is not a big problem I will ask that desirable timing for certain square will be imbost in the midle. During cleaning in ultrasonic clener, that I use all the time, for cleaning parts after print, parts fall of the printing platform, and I'm in position to guess, what square is exposed with what timing. This will help a lot. Recently I have got new quantity of resin from reliable producer, and exposition time is 2 timesl longer than previus one. So this function is necesary to use often to be sure that we will achive proper print. Thank's for listening.

#4 2017-11-14 04:17:43

Shahin
Administrator

I am planning more advanced calibration plate feature to cover more needs not only cure time. Will try to add your suggestions too.

#5 2017-11-14 11:28:21

rob

I was just suggesting as I didn't know if it the timing behaviour just passed unnoticed; I understand priorities. smile
About embedding values in the mask, I agree it might be an interesting option.
If we can help somehow in development, please tell.

Last edited by rob (2017-11-14 11:29:05)

#6 2017-12-28 06:46:43

Shahin
Administrator

Please, try the beta version.

#7 2018-01-16 16:59:30

rob

Sorry for late reply.

Build 1771: Calibration plate printing time works ok, thanks. Yet total time seems to increase during printing, but I guess it is related to advanced exposure settings in "GCODE Before/After Each Layer" box (dynamic cure times and dynamic feedrate for Z axis). First estimation is quite accurate, so not a big deal.
By the way, is full  GCode generated before printing? If so I could try to help writing some more advanced code for timing estimation to include inside the program, if you wish.
Advanced calibration plate is a great advance, thanks for your work! big_smile

Last edited by rob (2018-01-16 17:16:06)

#8 2018-01-16 17:30:01

rob

Sorry, I have rectify about calibration plate printing time estimation. I was so happy I didn't wait for the print to finish before posting.
Actually, when real layer (I mean real layer at a same height, not the plates composing a single layer) become greater than current plate (the sub layers which form a real layer), ETA started to get crazy. It give times in the past during Z move between exposures (between real layers) and later increasing during exposure (changing sub-layers).

Board footer