You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-09 08:32:01

rob

Multi-user support

Hi,
First of all thanks for this great tool.

We run a DLP printer with multiple users. For management and security purpose it would be interesting an option to enable multiple users (non-admin level), so each one would have its own credentials.
It would be mainly of interest being able to check through logs who used the printer/changed resin profiles/etc.

Optionally  it might also be interesting the possibility of more detailed privilege control (permission to edit profiles but not main configuration, print only, full admin) if not too complicated to implement.

Thanks in advance for any possible help.
PS: is there any way to actively contribute to the code?

#2 2017-11-10 05:00:35

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Multi-user support

Current user management rarely being used by users. I doubt the more advanced one could be useful to vast number of users.
It is possible to run nginx in front of nanodlp, to fine tune requests and also implement basic auth and log every request. Probably somebody else could suggest more advanced solution.

#3 2017-11-12 10:52:42

rob

Re: Multi-user support

Thanks for the insight about nginx and for the quick response. I will investigate it further next week.
I understand the feature is not priority, by the way if I can found a nice solution I will share it back here.
Meanwhile any other suggestion by anyone is welcome.

Board footer