You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-09 06:02:07

mkbot

Allow Shutter Open Gcode to occur After "Wait Before Print" timer

It would be great if the UV LED could be enabled at the same time as the image is revealed. Currently it turns on before the "Wait Before Print" time value. This leads to potential bleed through exposure (especially on longer wait times for more viscous resins), as well as unnecessarily reducing the life of the LCD. To go even further it would be great if there was a separate offset time for this. But if it happened at the same time as the image is revealed, that'd be a great start! Thanks for all your hard work!

#2 2017-11-09 06:21:50

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Allow Shutter Open Gcode to occur After "Wait Before Print" timer

Actually there is a very recent post about this issue, remove wait before print, and move delay to gcode box (using [[Delay n]] keyword), so LED on command and image could be displayed in the same time.

#3 2017-11-09 06:30:33

mkbot

Thanks Shahin. I'm always impressed with your responsiveness! Yes, that'd work great as a temporary workaround. Unfortunately it takes away the ability to have different times for burn-in layer and normal. So if we had some kind of control for that aspect specifically it would make things a little less confusing going forward. Those value fields are wonderful and very clear as they are currently. It's just the placement of the shutter command that would be nice to have control over so that all the there features still apply and make sense. Like a drop down Insert shutter command menu: a) before "wait", b) after "wait" (or some better phrasing...sorry). This would like be a machine setting, and not a resin profile setting.  I'll be playing around with the manual delay though and ignoring the existing fields to get a feel for the improvements.

#4 2017-11-10 05:06:59

Shahin
Administrator

Actually you can have separate times for burn-in and normal layer. But I agree it would not look good.
Unfortunately adding nice looking options usually require additional processing and more complex logic.

#5 2017-11-11 02:44:05

mkbot

Totally understand. Unfortunately changing that as default behaviour would be a little aggressive and confusing to others at this point. Hopefully that'll come at some point since with UV LED's there isn't much reason to have them come on so much earlier. If you could point me in the direction of how to create separate times, that would be great for me to experiment with for now. Right now all I'm familiar with is the gcode before each layer box. Thanks again.

#6 2017-11-11 05:48:54

Shahin
Administrator

[[Delay {([[IsBurninLayer]])*2+1}]]

It will result 3 seconds delay for burnin layers and 1 second for other layers.

Board footer