You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-05 15:11:21

mkbot

LED on during "wait for print"

Hi. I'm having an issue that might be related to the fact that the UV light is on during the entire "wait for print" phase. Instead of just enabling when the image is revealed. Since these LCDs (on a Duplicator 7 for instance) don't block everything, this leads to potential partial curing everywhere. This seems especially problematic for viscous resins that require a bit more time to settle/flow. Is there a way to change this behaviour? Thanks in advance and for the amazing NanoDLP in general!

#2 2017-11-06 05:16:58

Shahin
Administrator

Re: LED on during "wait for print"

If you mean wait before print, you can set it zero put delay inside your before layer gcode box (eg. [[Delay 1]]), so you will have control on when turn LED on and delay.

#3 2017-11-06 05:27:49

mkbot

Thanks so much for the reply. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I will play with the Delay command in various places to see what I can find. To be more clear on what I was referring to.
- there is a "wait before print" time set in resin profiles. This is great to allow for resin to settle before starting a layer cure.
- Unfortunately the LED turns on as soon as the layer height is reached and before the start of the above time
- So the sequence seems to be (pardon my simplistic understanding): Move to Layer, Turn on LED, Wait (as determined by resin profile "wait before print" parameter, Display images for set amount of time, Remove image and turn off LED, Lift, Wait, Repeat
- It would be great if the Turn LED on (M106) would happen at the same time the image is displayed and not before the wait time. For instance in many profile base layers, wait times are upwards of 12 seconds and there could be a lot of light leakage during that time.

#4 2017-11-06 05:37:37

Shahin
Administrator

I am not sure when/where you send M106 out. But you can remove delay from before print and also M106 from other code boxes. Put something similar to code below on before layer gcode box.

[[Delay 1]]
M106

#5 2017-11-06 05:48:03

mkbot

Just tested your suggestion, and that definitely does work. Thank you. Though unfortunately it takes away the ability to have different times for burn-in layer and normal. I'll definitely do some playing around with that to see how this helps things though. Maybe it's a behaviour that can be changed in the future. It would have other benefits such as saving the life of the displays but not exposing them unnecessarily, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way that allows a user to determine where the M106 is inserted into the GCode generated by NanoDLP. Or conversely (and maybe better to think of it this way), where the "wait before print" delay is inserted. This delay value probably should be placed before the M106 command that NanoDLP generates and not in between that and the image display.

#6 2017-11-06 05:51:19

mkbot

Could also be related to Z_move_comp behaviour. I know there have been issues with the timing there...

Board footer