You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-01 21:46:11

szedmeg

Servo problem when i send gcode in terminal.

Hi guys,

I have a little problem with my servo control. (Pi3+Ramps1,4+Marlin1.1)

After i config the usb port ( eg. ACM0) and the pi communicate with the ramps, when i send a gcode to the servo through terminal the usb is lost connection.

It's jump to the higher usb number (eg. ACM1). Then i config again but when send a gcode it does the same. (eg. jump to ACM2)

And this is repeated again and again....

(Its does this even if I start printing whit shutter open close commands)

How can i solve this problem?

Thank you smile

#2 2017-11-02 05:42:20

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Servo problem when i send gcode in terminal.

#3 2017-12-27 12:48:40

szedmeg

Thanks the answer Shahin! big_smile

I try to fix the port but there is no file here: /etc/udev/rules.d/ 10-local.rules there is only /99-usb-serial.rules -file.

What do you think if i write it to in this file /99-usb-serial.rules  is it can work?

Thank you wink

#4 2017-12-27 15:38:19

rob

You can create any new file under /etc/udev/rules as long as it follow the same name structure ("NN-your_rule_name.rules", where NN is a two digit number). In any case, I would use a high one (you might even edit 99)

By the way, seems like this could be a power supply issue which force RAMPS to reset when activating servos. How are you powering the servo? Directly from RAMPS or Raspberry PI? Servo motors can drain a lot of current when moving (or holding torque). These usually really short time frames with high current requirement may exceed your power supply rating and cause a voltage drop, resetting RAMPS or RPi.
Try using an external power source for the servo (remember to also connect ground to your RAMPS or rpi ground) and check if the problem persist. If you are using 5V servos, which I suppose, you can use a spare 5V phone charger, for example.

Last edited by rob (2017-12-27 15:41:13)

Board footer