You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-27 06:22:19

Shahin
Administrator

Disabling hallowing and hatching on Raspberry Pi

The hallowing related features use too much memory specially for 2K and 4K resolutions which cause crashes for new users, it is also very slow on rpi.
I guess disabling hallowing on RPi will be yield better result for users.

Is there anybody using this features on RPi version without remote slicer?

* I will disable it if no one show interest in feature on RPi.

#2 2017-11-04 22:38:52

Sacha
Website

Re: Disabling hallowing and hatching on Raspberry Pi

Hi, For jewelers it is most important to have holowing part printed. This alowed to have minimal expansion during bunout cycles, and minimal ashes residue during same proces, and when part riches temperature that create fire in plaster, this fire actualy destroy plaster surface, and with minimal content of materila, this fire-burning, make les distruction, wich is mostly comon in lostwax technology. So yes we can use software to create hollow model and then send to slicer in NanoDLP, or to do this in other different software, but to have this function availabile for other user that  can not aford Netfabb or Materialise magics, I will vote to stay and if in time you may develop coowork with windows version on regular PC. Thank's for listening .

#3 2017-11-04 22:52:52

MaxJewels

Sacha wrote:

Hi, For jewelers it is most important to have holowing part printed. This alowed to have minimal expansion during bunout cycles, and minimal ashes residue during same proces, and when part riches temperature that create fire in plaster, this fire actualy destroy plaster surface, and with minimal content of materila, this fire-burning, make les distruction, wich is mostly comon in lostwax technology. So yes we can use software to create hollow model and then send to slicer in NanoDLP, or to do this in other different software, but to have this function availabile for other user that  can not aford Netfabb or Materialise magics, I will vote to stay and if in time you may develop coowork with windows version on regular PC. Thank's for listening .

I completely agree

#4 2017-11-07 20:02:33

DLprinter
Website

Shahin wrote:

disabling hallowing

agree

#5 2017-11-08 05:11:07

Shahin
Administrator

We opt for a more complex solution. Latest build estimate memory usage for the selected options if system does not have that much available memory will inform the user and disable option automatically.

Board footer