You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 18:38:39

myearwood

Inkjet integration

Hey all

I am working on a different approach here and could use some help. I've built and used FFM 3D printers for years. I'm not doing what Stratasys does. I was looking to build something pretty specific then saw Direct To Garment inkjet printers. Epson has one and there are others, including OpenDTG.com. I've bought some things from OpenDTG and have made progress. I asked on the Reprap forum and they suggested NanoDLP. Basically, I'm making a top-down printer. The OpenDTG Arduino is slaved to the inkjet printer. It monitors the y-position encoder in the inkjet and turns a Nema motor to move the tshirt. I'm moving the inkjet itself instead which can be applied to a variety of 3d printing technologies. One USB cable orders the inkjet to print via Windows print drivers a page eject will have to order the bed to move. The other talks to the Ardino so you can move the y-axis to the home position.

NanoDLP produces images of each slice for projection on an LCD or DLP, right? NanoDLP mostly moves the z-axis and little else? What is the minimum requirement to get NanoDLP running? Can NanoDLP send the images directly to an inkjet? Full color support will be needed by powder binder jetting, material jetting, tshirt and product printing.

Thanks

Mike

#2 2017-10-08 08:13:28

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Inkjet integration

> NanoDLP produces images of each slice for projection on an LCD or DLP, right?
Right

> NanoDLP mostly moves the z-axis and little else?
Highly flexible in this regard, you should check out fields on setup page.

> What is the minimum requirement to get NanoDLP running?
NanoDLP is cross platform, so you can run on the most hardwares out there.

> Can NanoDLP send the images directly to an inkjet?
Probably you can use syscall fields to send layers to your inkjet.

#3 2017-11-08 14:38:36

myearwood

Hi Shahin

Thanks for replying. That's good information. As I said I'm making a weird hybrid. There is an Arduino that monitors the encoder. I'm hoping to add that code to Marlin and upgrade to an Arduino Mega + Ramps. I think a raspberry pi is needed to run NanoDLP. Do I remotely control NanoDLP on that raspberry from a PC?

#4 2017-11-08 18:50:49

Shahin
Administrator

Yes, you can control it remotely

#5 2017-11-24 18:54:54

myearwood

Hi Shahin

Can NanoDLP communicate with or switch between 2 different arduino boards? One has Marlin firmware. The other would receive a string via a different USB port.

#6 2017-11-25 06:04:39

Shahin
Administrator

Currently supporting only one RAMPS for send and receiving commands. But you can wire multiple one and use syscall keyword to control them through external scripts

Board footer