You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-18 20:08:19

ToS

"Save to power off" Message on I2C-Display on end of shutdown

Whatever the last message on the I2C-Display was right before initiation of shutdon, will obvisously remain until shutdown has completed and gives no indication about shutdown status.
As SD-card image can possibly become damaged when power is cut off without proper shutdown, it would by great to have some indication about finshed shutdown procedure.

#2 2017-09-19 07:40:35

MaxJewels

Re: "Save to power off" Message on I2C-Display on end of shutdown

I'm trying to do the same thing on the Nextion display

#3 2017-09-20 04:40:52

Shahin
Administrator

Good suggestion, will try to come up with a solution, but unfortunately one of the first thing get killed by OS during shutdown is nanodlp so we do not have access to any hardware to change status. And we could not be sure if everything goes well.
Maybe you could wired LCD power to RPi so on complete shutdown it goes dark.

#4 2017-09-20 08:20:36

MaxJewels

Shahin wrote:

Good suggestion, will try to come up with a solution, but unfortunately one of the first thing get killed by OS during shutdown is nanodlp so we do not have access to any hardware to change status. And we could not be sure if everything goes well.
Maybe you could wired LCD power to RPi so on complete shutdown it goes dark.

which command switches the power off button?if I press the button from nanodlp the serial port remains active, while if I use a physical button with the shutdown command, the serial is disabled and the nextion screen locks

If you press the shutdown button's insertion page change "shutdown in progress" and the shutdown command was delayed for a few seconds and the page there was a timed redirect to a different page (you can turn off the machine)?
It would not be very accurate but for now it would make the difference until another solution is found

Last edited by MaxJewels (2017-09-20 08:31:33)

#5 2017-09-21 05:17:31

Shahin
Administrator

OK I thought we are talking about matrix LCD. Sure we can do it for nextion screen.

#6 2017-09-21 05:45:22

ToS

Of course I was originally talking about Matrix-LCD display on I2C and still request it for that type of display.@
MaxJewels captured the request and bend it towards his direction.
I have no problem if the feature will be implemented for both display types.

#7 2017-09-21 13:09:43

MaxJewels

you are right, I have entered in a similar but not the same topic, in your case the LCD can not memorize and then send commands if nanodlp is already disabled

in your case I think the only solution is to put a led directly on the RPI that goes out when the system has stopped

Last edited by MaxJewels (2017-09-21 13:13:21)

#8 2017-09-21 14:52:31

ToS

MaxJewels wrote:

in your case I think the only solution is to put a led directly on the RPI that goes out when the system has stopped

Sorry, I really have a problem with that behaviour.

I made an Feature Request to the nanodlp team.
You can support it, make additional proposals. But its not ok to turn it in a complete different direction and as I asume that you are not a member of the nanodlp team it's also not ok to answer for the team.

Support the request in the way it was originally addressed or make your own request and let the nanodlp team reply on this one

#9 2017-09-21 17:01:31

MaxJewels

ToS wrote:
MaxJewels wrote:

Sorry, I really have a problem with that behaviour.

I made an Feature Request to the nanodlp team.
You can support it, make additional proposals. But its not ok to turn it in a complete different direction and as I asume that you are not a member of the nanodlp team it's also not ok to answer for the team.

Support the request in the way it was originally addressed or make your own request and let the nanodlp team reply on this one

My was not a bad behavior for you, but I was giving advice to solve what looked like a problem, then if you're not interested, next time I will not waste  my time giving you my opinion mad

Board footer