You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 10:41:36

Marijn91NL

Raspberry Pi + Arduino + Easydriver

Hello all,

I’m new to Nanodlp and I want to build my own dlp or lcd printer.

Before doing that i first build this test setup to learn a bit more about the Nanodlp software.

I used the next components:

- Raspberry PI3
- Arduino Uno
- Easydriver
- Nema17 stepper motor

Is it possible to use the Arduino only with an easydriver? or should I use an Ramps board?

The problem is that I don’t get any response when i send G-codes in the nanodlp terminal (Grbl works when I connect the Arduino directly to the computer).

I also selected the right USB/SERIAL port path, so this should be oke.
I restarted and rewired all the parts multiple times but it’s still not working.

Can someone tell me if it will work with this setup? and wat the best alternative will be.

Thanks.

Marijn

#2 2017-09-16 15:01:22

bigfilsing

Re: Raspberry Pi + Arduino + Easydriver

You should be able to just drive the Easy driver from the Raspi3 ( 3 signals>> enable / step/ direction )

The easy driver will need its own power source and be sure to link the GND of the raspi to the GND of the easydriver power source

Last edited by bigfilsing (2017-09-16 15:02:20)

#3 2017-09-16 19:34:09

Marijn91NL

Re: Raspberry Pi + Arduino + Easydriver

I decided to use a Arduino because I want to add another stepper motor later. By using the pins on the Raspi3 you can only run 1 stepper?

When I open the terminal I see the message: Grbl 0.9j ('$' for help).
As soon as I type in $ i don't get any response. My Arduino setup with Grbl is working correctly when I plug it directly in my laptop by USB.

Board footer