You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-17 17:21:48

LacoD

Autonomous operation

Hi,
Im new here.
I build a DLP printer. Of course it will be fine, if will work autonomously.

I found a nanoDLP like my Sevior. But, in deeper study I found a limitation for me. I just want to run my DLP printer locally, without connection to PC, to LAN, to....

And here is my question:
Even I read what I found about nanoDLP, I just not found the solution Im looking after.

Just to come to my printer, put the SD card in, and start to print.

In a little bit worse case: Come to my printer, put SD card in, on connected display, select - setup - slice.. what's ever, what's necessary, and start printing.

Is here such a solution?

I even haven´t  found, how to connect touch screen to Raspberry, and operate  nanoDLP locally, but autonomously, without LAN....

Is it possible (without studying the programming )?

Thank You for answer .
Laco

#2 2016-04-17 19:58:55

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Autonomous operation

Hi Laco,

No it is not possible, rpi could handle second display but because of the performance concerns. We never go through this route.
Unfortunately without programming it is not possible.

rpi3 has wifi antenna so it is possible to control with cell phone + flash drive.

#3 2016-04-18 04:39:09

LacoD

Hello Shanin,
Thank You for answer.

So let me understand:
nanoDLP is the "same thing" as PC/notebook (regarding printing with DLP printer). "Just" it is smaller, more powerful (definitely smile ). To work with nanoDLP I need Raspberry (RPI 3 is OK?)  which can control directly the Z-axis (where is the wiring diagram?) or through arduino board/RAMPS (just connect?). PLus I need a wifi router (or can nanoDLP work as p2p?) and any cheap tablet (7" Android tablet with working wifi smile, with working browser ). Then I do not need the PC, and after starting the printing job, I can switch off the tablet too.
Is this correct?

smile
Laco

#4 2016-04-18 06:56:16

Shahin
Administrator

Laco,

You are right on all of points.
nanoDLP does not support ad-hoc or soft-ap mode. But you can setup it manually by installing hostap package and etc.

Hardware schema is available on download page.

#5 2016-04-18 07:31:17

LacoD

Shahin,
Thank you.
PM sent.
Laco

Board footer