You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-28 19:40:24

macdarren

Support vanishing....

I have had this issue for some time.....

I typically use OS X sometimes Windows and was told that newly designed supports should remain from plate to plate.
However there might be some issues with my browsers or OS (I have tried every common browser I can find all have issues)

So I finally got Firefox working on a Linux box and I thought all my issues would go away and it looked for a while like that might
be true.  Alas my problems have returned....I design a support and it might remain for a while but eventually it disappears when
I go back to use it.

Would it be possible to just get my support added to the standard support list?  Other might find it useful too.
I don't know why my created ones should be any different but the standard ones the basic ones never vanish only the ones I make.

I call my support Needle...It is thin .7mm with a 3mm head cone tapering to .2 with .1 penetration.   I keep the base
the same as the body and use the unify supports once they are all placed.  The reason for this is that the bases obscure the
support placement....Also I find the stock supports a bit thicker and harder to remove than my needle support which work
well for the type of prints I make.

Thanks

#2 2017-06-28 20:58:35

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Support vanishing....

NanoDLP uses browser side localstorage api. If you are using specific extension to remove browser history including localstorage, such thing could happens.
Also do not forget, with current browsers usually you could login browser account. Which will sync any settings across all of your devices.

Without above issues, it very unlikely your support designs get lost.

#3 2017-06-28 21:14:02

macdarren

I do not use any browser cache clearing plugins or anything...just a stock Firefox on CentOS6 installation....I also tried Debian.

I am not sure what is going on...It seemed things were okay for a while...but I may never have closed the browser totally.

But today again when I went in fresh my supports were gone.

Why store things on the browser side (not sure but I think that is what you meant) and not on the Pi like the built in supports...seems like on the Pi would be the logical way
to do things..I do not use a browser login, I don't even always use the same browser or OS or computer...I use a similar system for my FDM printers and similar info is stored
on the cloud (not practical here for a free product) or on the Pi which acts as a server same as nanoDLP.

Maybe I need a complete reinstall?  I have done many updates maybe something is just wrong with my installation but this has been an issue since day one with this install.
Another issue that seems to happen an may not be related is the updater often hangs..the system goes down but does not always reboot or restart...sometimes I can ssh in
and maybe reboot, but often it drops offline totally (presumably to reboot) and never comes back...power cycle is the only answer.

#4 2017-06-28 21:30:39

Shahin
Administrator

If you are sure it is not a case, it could be a bug which triggered by some settings which you are using.
If it is possible add supports again and open browser inspector tool and monitor any possible error after reopen. There must be an error on dashboard after save or reload. 

I am aware of reboot issue, it is something to do with third party servo pulse generator binary we are currently using, will try to tackle the issue soon.

As you may have noticed, support tool is completely separated from nanodlp, so it does not have access to nanodlp backend to save settings.

Board footer