You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-10 22:20:09

Pyper

Errors under Windows

I figured I would start a new topic.

I have a Windows Ultrabook, Arduino Mega w/ Ramps 1.4, and an Openbuilds Nema 17 linear actuator.

There is only one account on the machine and it is admin.

When I start nanodlp.exe with admin rights, http://127.0.0.1:8080 never connects.
Here is the command prompt I get with nanodlp.exe with admin rights:

nanodlp_with_admin.png

When I start nanodlp.exe normally, I can access through http://127.0.0.1:8080
Here is the command prompt I get with nanodlp.exe normally:

nanodlp_without_admin.png

Once it is started, I immediately get the error "Could Not Write to Status JSON File public/status.json open public/status.json: Access is denied."

I go to setup, set COM3 and adjust the screw mm to 8mm.

Then I go to z calibration and click a number, and it moves! yay!

If I click another number, it does not move. I get the error "Serial port could not be activated Access is denied."

Here is a link to my debug file.

?

Last edited by Pyper (2017-06-10 22:28:06)

#2 2017-06-10 22:29:50

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Errors under Windows

It is mix of permission and path issue.
Open command line and go to nanodlp folder. Run the program from command line and let me know if it fixed the issue.

#3 2017-06-11 00:13:54

Pyper

THANK YOU!
I have been running it from windows explorer.
I started an elevated/admin command prompt and ran it from command line, now everything works!
No errors! Thank you

#4 2017-08-03 00:48:35

Jimustanguitar

I'm seeing the same behavior, but launching the file as admin from a command prompt didn't seem to solve it. (moved folder to root of C, launched cmd as admin, etc).
The command prompt looks good, but I can't hit it on a browser.

http://imgur.com/jErGLs2

In chrome, I get a simple page not found error. In edge, I get the following:

.NETSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

Any idea what might be wrong?

#5 2017-08-03 06:23:08

Shahin
Administrator

Make sure no other application using same port as nanodlp. On windows default port is 8080 you can edit address by opening db/machine.json
Another reason for failure could be aggressive firewall or antivirus which does not let nanodlp listen on a port.

Board footer