You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-06 22:50:11

macdarren

Mark plate as invalid or generated with old profile if....

Mark plate as invalid or generated with old profile if you use the edit button on the plate page and change the selected profile...It may work depending on how different the
old and new profiles were but I think it should warn you...usually of course you would immediately recreate after making such a change but still seems like a good idea.

#2 2017-06-07 00:06:04

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Mark plate as invalid or generated with old profile if....

The message being displayed is only warning and does not mark it as invalid. Maybe there is another issue mark the plate as invalid.

#3 2017-06-07 15:33:47

macdarren

Re: Mark plate as invalid or generated with old profile if....

The same warning would probably be sufficient.   Something like "Resin Profile has changed since Layer Creation" would be good for both profile alteration and completely different profile selection.
It really doesn't hurt too much to recreate layers if one is uncertain.  Since changes like dimming, infill, layer height, and even color affect the layers these really need to be marked to notify the user.
However I agree other changes that do not affect the layers it is nice you can tweak them without recreation or even during a print.

Maybe there needs to simply be two categories of Resin Parameters...maybe color code them or separated them into different sections in the Resin Profile....One set that has no affect on layers and thus never
generates a warning and another set that does cause a warning message to be displayed...I'd almost say it should just remove the layers but I think a warning is good enough and some people might for some
reason want to keep the old layers until they manually recreate them...perhaps they accidentally tweaked a parameter and the warning would tip them off to go back and fix it but not force recreation.

Board footer