You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-08 08:00:20

color

Question about additional servo motor

Hi Shahin,
Is it possible to wire an additional servo motor to RPi and control this motor directly through RPi GPIOs ? My idea is to make a modified tilting vat for my mUVe printer which will be controlled by this stepper or servo motor. The other question is how to send G code for driving the motor. Probably I will need something like shutter open\close command just before start the default Z tilt lift after layer exposure.

#2 2016-04-08 14:35:29

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Question about additional servo motor

Hi,

nanoDLP supports only one servo motor. You can send any number of gcodes using before/after layer gcode boxes to add features such as one you have mentioned. Sole reason for having separate shutter open/close gcode boxes is we need shutter to be opened and closed not just before/after layer print but also during projector calibration too.

#3 2016-04-12 05:03:14

color

Hi,
If I decide to use a stepper motor for the tilt, how to configure it? Is it possible to wire this additional motor and its driver to RPi GPIOs and use both RAMPS for control the Z and RPi to control tilt? Is this will work with mUVe firmware?

#4 2016-04-12 06:18:46

Shahin
Administrator

It will be hard to sync movements correctly by splitting tasks between rpi and ramps. Use ramps for the both movements.
You can handle tilt function by using another axis (G1 X1). Another alternative is using firmwares which are patched for DLP printers such muve3d which already have tilt (T) code support.

Board footer