You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-23 21:15:31

jgrzymisch

Calibration of bridges/gaps

It would be very useful if the exposure time calibration would also allow to perform a calibration of bridges (raised gaps), as the calibration method of Creation Workshop: The print starts with a grid structure something like several joined capital H, something like HHHH but without the gaps in between each letter. After a few millimetres of such structure, the gaps on top and bottom of the H are closed (or bridged) with one single layer with different exposure times for each gap. This way, the user can determine what is the minimum exposure time required to solidly generate a layer of the given layer size of the print.

Let me know if this is something you envision for the future.

Thanks!!

Last edited by jgrzymisch (2017-05-23 21:32:03)

#2 2017-05-25 15:12:09

jaidek

Re: Calibration of bridges/gaps

I agree, I'd love to see this and some features added to help fine tune profile creation.

I'd also like to have an option to print variable x/y sized slices at the curing intervals. For instance:
0.5mm square, 1mm square, 2mm square @ 1 seconds
0.5mm square, 1mm square, 2mm square @ 1.5 seconds
0.5mm square, 1mm square, 2mm square @ 2seconds
etc.

Because the problem with everything being the same size, is that large pieces cure much faster than small pieces. This would let us choose the exposure time that works the best as an average, then tweak with dimming/exposure time further.

Thanks

Board footer