You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-16 20:06:17

macdarren

Old Topic but still an issue...

Something just seems to wrong with my systems specifically or general nanoDLP browser compatibility....

So far the only OS / Browser combination I can get to reliably work on the ADD build plate and supports pages is Windows10/Edge
Even that has some issues occasionally getting errors requiring me to cycle in and out of the Add plate.  Also the supports guide plane
will not scroll except with the keyboard...oddly that feature works on the other browsers without problems.

This is particularly a problem when I spend time setting up a plate then something stops working and have to start over.

I would prefer to use OS X to iOS with Safari, FireFox or Chrome in that order....maybe not the biggest market share but this is not a windows world anymore.

Even Chrome on Win10 is not stable and my custom supports disappear, which is the biggest problem
in the other browsers as well although they sometimes can't even add objects.  I know the supports exist
as they show up in Edge...what works and doesn't work seems to kinda vary and change rev to rev but
this support issue remains pretty constant.

I know there may be some blame put on OS X and maybe that affects all browsers in that environment but they all have
slightly different issues....and Win10 is not all that much better except with Edge and even then not 100%

Is there something that can be done to get this a little more stable/reliable/functional across browsers and OSes?
Are there some Win/Edge only things going on here?
I haven't tried any Linux browsers though they tend to be even less mature and compatible but maybe since we
are using a RPi then it is all a linux vs the world thing?

I love nanoDLP and appreciate all the effort that goes not it, but it is just frustrating when 'little things' like the GUI don't work well.

Thanks
Darren

#2 2017-05-18 05:01:29

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Old Topic but still an issue...

Darren,

I am linux user so things working correctly on linux also tests new versions on chrome/firefox on windows too.
Only issue I experience is scroll problem which you have mentioned.

Unfortunately some issues such as scroll problem do not have anything to do with nanodlp. I guess very very few people put scroll on webgl canvas so it is not tested and implementations well on browsers.

Please, share your supports settings which cause disappearance on some browsers.

#3 2017-05-18 05:25:18

macdarren

see attached images for missing support issue....upper left is Chrome, lower right is Edge.
Windows 10 Pro.  obviously all the supports are shown from Edge as Chrome only shows the basics.
This is pretty much the same on all browsers I have tired in OS X...what browser do you use in Linux..Firefox didn't work well on my Centos7 box.
Also is a picture of an error I sometimes get.it goes away on reload and doesn't always happen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eohps0cnth27b … M.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eagdwavo6f2r8 … M.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp9rsk84ntpcm … M.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6oqns2f5r0a5 … M.jpg?dl=0

#4 2017-05-18 05:40:33

Shahin
Administrator

Darren, try to disable webgl on chrome. (open this page on your chrome chrome://flags)
It will switch to software rendering.

If you want to remain on hardware rendering, try upgrade your windows graphic driver.

#5 2017-05-18 18:08:33

macdarren

Tried changing the webgl flag on window10 chrome...same result...It can see the basic supports but not my custom ones....

What flavor of Linux do you use and what browser?  This might be bit lame but does the nanodlp image contain a gui/browser config I could remote into with a background session that might work for nanoDLP?
Maybe another Pi could be set up with a workable version of Linux and a browser?  I don't by default run under Linux though I have many such systems for various things....I would prefer to access nano
via my Mac but I can do a remote X session without much trouble...just need a linux platform that works and so far none I have tried work even as well as the native Mac applications.

Board footer