You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-30 23:53:51

macdarren

New support Type..

I would like to request a new support type...It works similar to bridge support but I would like to use created support using a cone/sphere and body
but be able to specify two points (maybe more would be nice) the first point is the same as how a typical non bridge support works and specifies
the location of the penetration point on the model...the second would specify where the body will bend at a 90 degree angle
so that the body will then be drawn to the build plate...additional points bend would on occasion be helpful getting tricky places
I think...however I haven't run into that myself yet....I notice some automated support generators create this type of structure.

There are several other ways I can think to do this but this seemed like the simplest within the current support system.

My basic desire here is to have supports that can stand out away from the model so as to avoid intersecting the model.

EDIT:  I have found I can do some of this using a BASIC support and some bridge supports but it seems to require some special
cases on the model like it have overhead parts near the offset area that needs support..and bridge supports have to be somewhat
uniform so a cone shaped detachment is not possible if a heavier support is needed maybe due to the angle require...I still
think my original idea would be helpful and easier to use in more situations.

Last edited by macdarren (2017-05-01 00:06:15)

#2 2017-05-01 04:18:53

Shahin
Administrator

Re: New support Type..

Image from the support type will be super helpful.

#3 2017-05-04 00:38:34

macdarren

Re: New support Type..

here is an image I made up quickly to show the general idea...the supports are the red parts of course...
These happen to have two branches but really one would be fine having more might be nice but just putting down
another support would be no big deal and would keep things simple.

I know this might have been done other ways ... spool could have been printed in a different orientation etc but sometimes that is just not possible.

By the way : just started using BETA 1415....I see all sorts of new features we have discussed..awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg3kff8c5gh8n … M.jpg?dl=0

Board footer