You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-23 23:48:35

macdarren

Slice thickness indicator

I was thinking whenever changing an existing plate to a new resin profile with a different thickness it might be nice to just invalidate old slice data or even auto reslice...

However I can imagine there might be issues there so my feature request would be an indicator on the Plate screen that tells what thickness that last
plate was sliced at....maybe this is not needed if NanoDLP already makes sure to interpolate slice thickness of the current profile and the images it
created for the last profile but I don't think it does and I can't see that as being the best way to handle a thickness change.  Nor do I think the slicing
should be invalidated if you just change profiles except maybe if the thickness changes...but maybe a warning that the current profile and the
sliced images do not align?  I have never really seen what happens here as I just always reslice before printing...but still I can see it happening
where I change a profile and forget to reslice.

#2 2017-04-25 04:50:29

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Slice thickness indicator

On the plates we do not keep any layer thickness. It is critical factor but not the only one effecting printing. Cure time, dimming, lifting speed and etc all could cause failure on print.

I suggest adding notification if resin profile get edited or plate's profile changed to all dependent plates.

#3 2017-04-25 05:57:07

macdarren

Re: Slice thickness indicator

that would work too....

Board footer