You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-21 00:27:32

bringho

Impossible to install nano DLP on new YHD-101.

I have tried to install nanoDLP on my new YHD-101 during the last couple of days with no success at all.

I've tried using Win32DiskImager on both a Win 7 and a Win 10 laptop.

Whatever I do, when the nanoDLP image is installed on a 8 GB SD card the machine refuse to boot. Putty refuse to connect to the machine (static address being forced in the router).

I even tried to copy the original software (originally placed on a 4GB SD card) on the new 8 GB card. to verify the card, and the machine boots with the original software on the new SD card.

But when installing the nanoDLP image on the same card the machine still refuse to boot!?!

As of now I'm almost out of ideas.

Any advice on what to try next is appreciated.

#2 2017-04-21 07:02:49

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Impossible to install nano DLP on new YHD-101.

Are you sure your machine refuse to boot? (you can monitor bootup process by looking at RPi LEDs.)

I could not think of any reason why it does not work. Have you tried Advanced Installation?

#3 2017-04-21 07:13:24

mandreas

If I do not mistake the board of that model use Sprinter master, with nanodlp you should flash, with arduino ide ,Marlin for MUVE sketch

#4 2017-04-22 03:15:21

bringho

Shahin wrote:

Are you sure your machine refuse to boot? (you can monitor bootup process by looking at RPi LEDs.)

I could not think of any reason why it does not work. Have you tried Advanced Installation?

No I'm not sure if the machine refuse to boot.

What I meant was that it's impossible to get a connection over the web interface when using anything but the original SD card..

Putty refuse to connect to the machine (static address being forced in the router). and nanoDLP does not answer either.

I have looked at the leds now and they don't show a consistent pattern.

So to me it looks like the Raspberry does not boot .

Yes I started off by trying the advanced installation, at that time with the original SD card mounted.

I could connect to the printer so I then copied the settings from Stephen Baird's write up on nanoDLP:
https://bairdlabs.wordpress.com/2017/03 … -printing/

Unfortunately the printer does not respond to any command sent from the nanDLP web interface =/

So my next move was to install the nanoDLP image on (another) SD card and here I'm stuck at the moment.

I have tried both Win32DiskImager and another program called Etcher, the results so far suggest that at least one of my SD cards are bad.

Will get new tomorrow and try again.

#5 2017-04-22 05:17:34

Shahin
Administrator

Checkout online dashboard or UPnP. I believe only time router could force IP is when device is in DHCP mode. I am not sure bairdlabs configs maybe it force static IP.

About LED if you see green LED blinks for couple of seconds it means booting.

#6 2017-04-22 12:54:45

bringho

Shahin wrote:

Checkout online dashboard or UPnP. I believe only time router could force IP is when device is in DHCP mode. I am not sure bairdlabs configs maybe it force static IP.

About LED if you see green LED blinks for couple of seconds it means booting.

Somewhere I read about different flash patterns that indicated errors but have ambiguous results so far...

I''l try to connect without forcing IP next smile

#7 2017-04-22 14:52:05

bringho

Well,

Before going out to pruchase a few new SD cards I decided to try to flash a copy of the image I made form the original SD card that was installed in the machine from the beginning.

I was not totally surprised when I fount that they both work and I can connect to the machine through the Photonic and nanoDLP web interface.

I earlier had a problem with a Chinese Arduino UNO clon which was impossible to communicate with because the Chinese used a cheaper serial communication circuit than the original.

Are there known similar issues with Chinese Raspberry PI clons?

#8 2017-04-22 18:16:27

bringho

Interestingly I must have done something right these few days when I was testing different ways to get any other Raspberry image file written to an SD card in such a way that it would load in my machine.

With the original SD card back in the machine I tried to turn on the  LED on (M106 S266) and got an error message instead of a glowing LED.

I went back to Github and remotely installed the "Latest development" release ( https://github.com/area515/Photonic3D ).

To my joyful surprise nanoDLP now answers and I have already made a dry run with one of my models so everything looks good.

#9 2017-04-22 18:36:05

Shahin
Administrator

NanoDLP and Photonic3d are two separate program, If you have both in same SD it cause the issue as NanoDLP does not need X server.

#10 2017-04-22 19:55:57

bringho

IC,

I can get hold of an SD card with Raspberry PI NOOBS pre installed. Would that help to get started?

I'm prepared to get an external (USB3) SD card reader to be able to connect it to another computer to see if that helps me install the downloaded image to a working SD card.

As always any advice that advance my position are greatly appreciated.

#11 2017-04-23 05:44:45

Shahin
Administrator

Only raspbian tested with nanoDLP. I am not sure about NOOBS.

#12 2017-04-23 19:05:45

bringho

Shahin wrote:

Only raspbian tested with nanoDLP. I am not sure about NOOBS.

Found this: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

"NOOBS is an easy operating system installer which contains Raspbian. It also provides a selection of alternative operating systems which are then downloaded from the internet and installed."

Bought NOOBS on a 16 GB card (backup if I fail to flash downloaded NOOBS image first).

Board footer