You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-05 20:23:11

jamesarm97

Reconnect on loss of Serial or open port issues

I have seen where nanodlp is powered up before the printer or something else happens and the serial port is not found or disconnects. It would be nice to at a minimum have a "Connect Serial Port" button in the tools or if nanodlp sees the port disconnect or not there then try and reconnect automatically every now and then.

#2 2017-04-05 22:31:13

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Reconnect on loss of Serial or open port issues

Go to setup page and submit. It cause reactivation of all connected devices including RAMPS.

#3 2017-04-05 22:54:40

jamesarm97

That's nice to know. thanks.

#4 2017-04-11 16:19:43

macdarren

I would like a slightly more informative way to do this...

I suggest a little link at the top of the page where the wifi and version info is...It should say "connected" or similar when the serial interface is up (I assume the printer could be pinged or something every few seconds) or "offline" when the printer fails to respond. Clicking when it says "offline" would initiate the reconnection similar to what the setup page does...

Obviously it will probably always be connected when there is no USB and the Pi is driving the printer directly...or maybe it could tell if the HDMI cable is plugged in too..maybe both usb and HDMI need to be connected for the printers that use both.

Why I like this is I want to turn my printer off way more than I want to reboot the Pi...The Pi takes no power and sometimes has reboot issues and wifi connection issues so leaving it on seems reasonable..the printer however has fans, stepper etc that will just don't need to run all the time when the printer is not being used but power cycling seems to break the connection to the Pi...not sure why I have similar setups on FFF printer but the Pi will power the printer electronics to keep the connection open even when main supply of printer is off.

Board footer