You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-01 14:45:56

rofl

Printer is not visible in dashboard (using LAN cable)

Hi,

I am struggling all day to run my printer with NanoDLP, but no success. I am new to PI, so bear with me. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Installed everything using advanced installation (I want to see what is done).
  1.1. During this stage, internet connection works fine on my PI 3. I can browse, etc.
2. I launched setup script and everything went fine, system rebooted and screen went black (now I know, that is is good thing).
3. But I do not see my printer in dashboard. It is connected using LAN cable (not WIFI, since mine is 5ghz which AFAIK is not supported). My laptop is also connected to the same network using LAN cable (i.e. it is not connected to WIFI).

So I looked at installation script and noticed that network configuration files are modified, so I modified network-configuration file so that PI uses static IP, entered SM and GW. I pinged that IP to make sure that is not in use (I do all of this stuff at university, its network). But then, when system restarts, I still cannot see my printer in dashboard. Moreover, since I am new, I do not know, how to get back to PI UI again (since now black screen starts everytime), so I reinstall raspbian everytime... sorry if it is not very wise, but is was fastest solution I managed to find.

BY THE WAY. When I downloaded application and executed binary file alone (without running setup script), I was able to see my printer in dashboard (i.e. I am not sure if that makes sense, but I think I just accidentally executed that file before setup script...)

Any ideas? It is frustrating.

#2 2017-04-01 15:30:44

bigfilsing

Re: Printer is not visible in dashboard (using LAN cable)

so on your router you can see which IP has been assigned to your raspi ??
you can download putty and ssh into the raspi ( connect to its IP address) this will give you a terminal screen where you can edit the network config files if needed.
what printer are you trying to connect to??

Last edited by bigfilsing (2017-04-01 15:32:07)

#3 2017-04-01 15:40:54

bigfilsing

watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laq8eov … oY0O9QIQyF
Its not for your printer put it does show the use of Putty to access the raspi !! and how to identify which of the Raspi USB ports your printer is on.

http://www.putty.org/

Last edited by bigfilsing (2017-04-01 15:42:46)

#4 2017-04-01 16:10:18

rofl

Thanks. I will try to do this when I get back to my office. Thanks for reply. I will inform about my progress.

#5 2017-04-01 16:28:55

bigfilsing

You are welcome.
That video is a part of the series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laq8eov … oY0O9QIQyF

While many of the videos may not relate to your issues they are still worth watching as there many good tips and methods in there.

#6 2017-06-19 12:19:34

rofl

If anyone faces this issue, I end up scanning my local network with IP scanner, getting RPI3 IP address and I was able to connect to nanoDLP via browser by entering IP directly. Dashboard does not see my device, but via browser it works fine.

Board footer