You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-22 14:59:57

Sacha
Website

Working problem

HI To All, I was patient, but for my previous posts nobody responded or it seems that I have only this issue. I'm experiencing now serious problem, and I don't know where to look to fix it. Software was upgraded from 1330 to 1370, and after to 1373, with idea that new update will fix my problem, but same things appear again and again. I will give you my procedure of printing, in reason to be correct if I do something wrong. I dont claim to be so smart and know everything, especially since nobody jet has provide detail manual for this program, nider written form or video, except mUVe printer manual from with 1091 version of software old one year.
First I turn machine on, and Z axes after certain period of time start go up until reach Home limit, passe by for several millimeters and come back to home limit position.
At the same time when I start printer ON, I start DLP projector as well. ( warm up period ). First after I do after setting up Z axes, I go to Projector calibration, and send signal on FullHD Red Calib. When this appear I close shutter and go to Boundaries. Since I have several option for pixel size , I need to measure Square and adjust to certain dimension. When I achieve desired dimension and sharpness of printing eria , I go to Z axes calibration. I move Z axes until I reach desired level and then I start Red button Mesure Z axes. Machine goes up to the Home limit and I can proceed to printing. Since part is printed few times I will not explain how to upload file and slice them or upload already made PNG file sliced on external software, but file is ready for print , and shows first layer on preview. It appear number of layers. and starting layer. So I press Start from begining and with Z axes to go to printing position.
Now problem appear. DLP projector don't send first layer light , even it is shoved on prevue. Then I need to stop printing and wait until system finish moves and go to home limit position. (On all version I needed to do this procedure every time.) After that I will go again to Plates and I will start print from beginning and finally I will get picture appear on platform.
This issue happens all the time and it is not changed. I have work recently under 1330 and I have pass this as something that will be changed in the future in some future update. But new problem apear and this is something serious. Z axes will go up after press STOP button to certain level not more than 20mm and immediately start go down until reach bottom of VAT and start pushing until Current limit stops motor power supply. This has happen several times, I have made clean instal of software on separate SD cards and put in RPI , upgrade to Newest 1370 and same problem appear again and again. I dont know where to look and what to do. I believe that new Feature are important, but this is an serious issue on elementary level . I will upload my settings for machine if somebody can tell where I was wrong ider on settings or printing procedure.. Just to tell it is not color issue. I have check this already. Again I ask for complete detailed software manual. We are not all Wizards !  Thanks for reading.

#2 2017-03-22 15:50:12

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Working problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Laq8eov … oY0O9QIQyF

You mean first layer does not appear or second layer?
There is a delay before the first layer which cause delay before first layer. You could see image on dashboard but not on projector until delay finished (12seconds or so if you have not modified wait time).

If the platform goes to wrong level, you need to measure z-axis length. Manually go to the floor level and press measure axis button.

Upload debug file it will be helpful to know whats wrong with your setup.

#3 2017-03-22 18:26:27

Sacha
Website

It does not project first layer, and then I have wait for second and same thing happen, no projection. I have press Stop, machine went up some 20mm and came down until crush to VAT platform. It has continue pushing some time and then stops, because driver did not allow any more work. I have turn off machine , then turn on again and same thing happens again, and again. I have update few times after Clean instal of Raspbian and Initial NanoDLP and same happens again. I always measure Z axes before print. About Delay I have never hear anything about that, dont know where to look. Thanks' for video I will try to see it later. This is right way to show how to deal with software. Thanks' for the help. BR Sacha

#4 2017-03-22 18:38:14

Shahin
Administrator

Put some video of a way you use your printer. It will be much easier to help then.
Also send your debug file. You can get debug file from setup page/tools tab / press debug button.

It will be much more helpful if you could take it after printer fails before restarting.

If nanodlp does not report any issue about image, it could be cabling or faulty raspberry pi/projector.

#5 2017-03-23 15:54:47

Shahin
Administrator

Based on the debug file which you have shared, the problem is that you are using direct control but in the same time you have [[PositionChange [[ZLiftDistance]]]] on your profiles.
It causes strange movements as direct control automatically keep position yet your extra gcodes try to store position so they do conflict with each other.

#6 2017-03-23 16:11:13

Sacha
Website

Hi thanks' for answer but I need more explanation. Where to look and what to do, Exactly! And what about some times image shows and some time don't. This is different issue? Thanks' in advance ! BR Sacha

#7 2017-03-23 19:24:06

Shahin
Administrator

Go to profile which currently you are using, remove any gcode from the boxes. It should fix your positioning issue.

#8 2017-03-24 18:06:21

Sacha
Website

Hi Shahin, Your suggestion resolve problem. Even I have fix resolution problem By putting 38 Percentage on Override X/Y Resolution under profile and also on Setup under XY resolution in Microns. Now I have projected proper size of image, but still did not project on the start. I needed to stop printing, wait until finish the command and then again start from beginning. Then in second turn start projecting image. Can you do something about that ?

#9 2017-03-24 18:20:18

Shahin
Administrator

I am confident this one is nothing to do with settings. Share a video. Could be a hardware issue.

Board footer