You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-17 20:13:39

mondo50m

How to turn the led on and off

All is moving along fairly well.  Machine is running and have made SOME progress.  The next step is to figure out how to turn the LEDs on and off using the GPIO pins on the PI3.  I am going to use 3, 10 watt, blue leds with heatsinks and fans on each one.  And a fresnel lens.
If anyone has any thoughts on how to make the led to turn on and off please post.  To leave the leds on permanently would cause then to be too hot in a very short time.  Thanks in advance.  Also, I am working on populating the PCB that is on the downloads page of Nanodlp.  All of the parts should be here sometime next week.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Will probably use an new PI3 for that unit.  Fun, Fun, Fun.

Milt

#2 2017-03-17 21:53:02

backXslash

Re: How to turn the led on and off

I'd use these.

They're over the top for what you need I'm sure, but that just means that you'll be able to put them at any point in the power flow to the LED's and know they'll work. More than that though, I use them with my RPi 3 based kiln controller, so I know they're compatible and reliable.

Sparkfun has a tutorial on writing Python code to interact with the GPIO's, so all you need is a simple .py script to turn a given GPIO from high to low or vice versa, then have NanoDLP call that script using it's console command feature.

#3 2017-03-18 22:00:07

mondo50m

Re: How to turn the led on and off

Ordered up one of those units.....will see what happens.

Milt

Board footer