You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-04 11:33:10

Ce1ticWarri0r

flashing marlin to NanoDLP

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

So I am upgrading a Phrozen shuffle 2018 as the LCD died and you can no longer get replacements. Parts list below

BOE Monochrome 4k screen
NanoDLP board
Rasberry Pi 4
Nextion display
ParaLED 2.0

I have immediately come up against a few issues after plugging it all in (no added the nextion yet as the supplied HMI is working OK.)

1. the endstop is not stopping the carriage from moving although it appears to be triggering, its an NPN inductive switch.
2. WiFi will not work despite the fact I can see the network. I have set the password and ID in the config file as well. Its working fine on ethernet though.
3. The supplied SD card with NanoDLP for the rasberry Pi is working fine, if I try flashing to my larger 16 gb card though I cannot get NanoDLP to connect (I guess there is some settings somewhere that need changing)
4. I have no idea how to reflash marlin and therefore change any firmware settings. I used to do this just fine with my FDM machines but I cant find a usb port on the NanoDLP or in fact a version of marlin configured for DLP printers.

Can anyone help? smile

#2 2021-09-04 12:47:45

Ce1ticWarri0r

Re: flashing marlin to NanoDLP

OK update I have got the 16gb SD card to work and set up for NanoDLP control board. However the SD card is partitioned and windows wont let me expand the volume...

#3 2021-09-04 13:35:26

bigfilsing

Ce1ticWarri0r wrote:

OK update I have got the 16gb SD card to work and set up for NanoDLP control board. However the SD card is partitioned and windows wont let me expand the volume...

Im not quite sure what you are trying to achieve
If its the expansion of the SD card on which Nanodlp resides and runs then there is an option within Nanodlp to achieve exactly that !

Alternatively you can access the Pi with Putty and use "raspi-config" from the command line

1. >> Not at all sure an NPN will work Check the sensor is suited to 5 volts ( the Raspi logic GPIO is expecting 5VDC at least i think it is Not 100% on this )
2. >> try setting the wifi from the NanoDLP interface when connected with ethernet

4. >>To the best of my knowledge the NanoDLP board runs directly from the Raspi GPIO pins No Marlin involved 

Good luck

Last edited by bigfilsing (2021-09-04 13:43:05)

#4 2021-09-04 21:33:28

Shahin
Administrator

4. This is configured marlin for nanodlp board.
https://github.com/nanodlp/Marlin/

#5 2021-11-23 06:21:55

jerryngm

Ce1ticWarri0r wrote:

4. I have no idea how to reflash marlin and therefore change any firmware settings. I used to do this just fine with my FDM machines but I cant find a usb port on the NanoDLP or in fact a version of marlin configured for DLP printers.

You can connect the NanoDLP board to your computer using the provided USB cable (You'll need to connect the red wire on the USB cable that they cut off so your computer can provide power to the board)

Ce1ticWarri0r wrote:

1. the endstop is not stopping the carriage from moving although it appears to be triggering, its an NPN inductive switch.

Send M119 through the terminal and check the report (https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M119.html). if the sensor is opened but z_min is reported as "Triggered" then you will need to change a setting in Marlin.

Shahin wrote:

4. This is configured marlin for nanodlp board.
https://github.com/nanodlp/Marlin/

@Ce1ticWarri0r you will need to compile the firmware from the "NanoDLP" branch (Marlin V2.0.5) NanoDLP won't work with any newer firmware.
@Shahin is it possible to upload firmware.hex file for the official board from the web interface?

Last edited by jerryngm (2021-11-23 06:31:45)

#6 2021-12-01 16:57:53

Shahin
Administrator

Uploading firmware.hex does not work reliably.

#7 2022-06-07 13:30:57

elliot

I'm trying to reflash the updated Marlin currently. However, the one I used had many more libraries and files  (2017). Is there a way to update the libraries for the link from Shahin above? When I grab that one, I see config files but nothing else. When I open the .zip folder I only find the lib. folder in the Marlin subfolder - but it again appears to have too few files. I have tried importing and managing libraries from Arduino, but that is for single files.

Am I just updating the config, and advanced config files in Marlin from this branch?

I'm happy to follow a generalized youtube etc, I just haven't found one yet.

Thank you all!

Board footer