You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-18 04:42:34

archy587

Direct control GPIO and GCODE

Hello all,

Just finished building my first DLP 3D printer! It is a top down setup with a 1024X768 projector, using direct control from RPI3 and sparkfun easy driver.

I have built several marlin/RAMPS/RAMBO FDM 3D printers, so I have a reasonable grasp on most things 3D printers.

What I am wondering is, if you are using direct control through GPIO pins, is there a way to use GCODE commands? it seems like that is only if you are using a marlin board after the RPI

One thing I would like to do is be able to issue a command like G92 Z0;

to tell the nanoDLP web browser interface that the build platform is now at the zero position. Is this possible? Right now I don't have endstops, so I would like to manually zero the step count...

If I do add an endstop, and I have a top down printer, would the endstop go at the top of the liquid where the build starts, or at the bottom of the resin tank?

thanks for this great software!

Last edited by archy587 (2017-02-18 04:43:42)

#2 2017-02-18 10:16:42

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Direct control GPIO and GCODE

Yes, for sometimes you can use RAMPS even if you are using direct control. But I doubt anybody used it. Let me know if you are experiencing any issue using both together.

For direct control you need endstop, I am not sure maybe you can make it work considering you can zero position using gcode box.
You need to install endstop at the top.

#3 2017-02-18 22:57:37

archy587

sorry, there is some confusion...I am using RPI3 and direct control ONLY

Like I said though, I am doing top down style printer, I added an endstop at the top of the resin vat. When the printer powers up, the build plate moves to the endstop correctly, and then moves to the "platform wait position" (10 mm down into the resin). This is what I would expect, but when I start a print, the tray moves all the way to the bottom of the resin tank and then starts moving back towards the projector (up) with each layer...

Seems I need to flip the build direction around. Is there anyway to do this in software? I don't want the home position to be at the bottom of the tank...it would make for a lot of unnecessary travel...

#4 2017-02-18 23:43:44

Shahin
Administrator

There is an option on setup page to reverse direction but I am not sure if it is enough to support your printer.
Majority of nanodlp users are having bottom up printers and using RAMPS.

Board footer