You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-01 00:21:04

mondo50m

Not being recognized

For the past week I have been able to connect to Nanodlp through my web browser with the 192.168.0.280 ip address.  I am no longer able to do this.  I can not get into the Nanodlp system at all. I have redone the program on my PI3 several times with no results.  I have to imagine, at this time that the IP address has somehow changed.  How do I find out what IP address I need to use to get this going again?  Slow progress with my build here.  But, it will happen, just these hurdles to get by.

thanks

#2 2017-02-01 00:38:29

bigfilsing

Re: Not being recognized

The quickest way is to look at your modem/router/wifi access point and see if the Raspi3 is connected and if so which IP address it has been assigned.
To see if the Raspi is working just connect it directly with a Cat 5 cable

Good luck

#3 2017-02-01 01:17:52

mondo50m

Thanks for your reply.....something I was doing loading the program onto the PI3 kept going wrong.  I went to the Nanodlp site and copied the download to go directly into the PI via the terminal.  It went in correctly and I am back in business.  Now, I can get back to the 'headache' of figuring out how to get the z axis moving with only the PI and either an A4988 or a DRV8825.  I have no idea why I want to do this at 66 years of age, but I do and I will.   

Thanks for your response.

#4 2017-02-01 01:35:55

bigfilsing

mondo50m wrote:

Thanks for your reply.....something I was doing loading the program onto the PI3 kept going wrong.  I went to the Nanodlp site and copied the download to go directly into the PI via the terminal.  It went in correctly and I am back in business.  Now, I can get back to the 'headache' of figuring out how to get the z axis moving with only the PI and either an A4988 or a DRV8825.  I have no idea why I want to do this at 66 years of age, but I do and I will.   

Thanks for your response.

Good attitude !!!
The easiest ways are
Ramps 1.4 board
GRBL & Arduino Nano
Big easy driver
Make your own ( but make sure you have a good quality cap protecting the stepper motor VDC and make sure the Stepper GND & Raspi GND are tied together)

#5 2017-02-01 12:42:52

mondo50m

Thanks again!  This forum is AWESOME!!  I have many Ramps boards and Mega 2560 boards lying around from building filament printers.  I have never used a Nano.  I will give the above combination a try.  I can put together the ramps and Mega easily...it just seems to be a large control unit when only using 1 stepper.  But, I am open to anything to get this going.

#6 2017-02-01 13:28:22

bigfilsing

Basically the GRBL/ Nano is a basic ( and still very versatile) simple cheap CNC / Gcode solution
http://www.banggood.com/CNC-Shield-UNO- … mds=search
Really easy to set up and configure via terminal -  It has end stop feed back and the ability to turn ON/OFF a couple of outputs ( tool and coolant if i recall correctly) that you can use for LED / shutters ect

I can see what you mean with a Ramps being over kill BUT it does every thing you need and by not using the heater elements even the clone ramps reliability improves a lot

Board footer