You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-11 18:27:10

sgraber
Website

How to kill the NanoDLP process from the terminal?

What command to I have to issue from the terminal to kill the nanodlp process?  I would like to issue the command via ssh so that my display on the Pi shows back up when successfully shut down.

Secondly:  is there a way to not boot into NanoDLP when the system boots?

Last edited by sgraber (2016-03-11 18:41:38)

#2 2016-03-12 00:01:56

Shahin
Administrator

Re: How to kill the NanoDLP process from the terminal?

From nanodlp itself, setup page, tools tab, you can terminate program by pressing terminate button.
From SSH, execute following command "sudo killall printer" will terminate nanodlp.

You have three seconds at the end of boot procedure to prevent nanodlp being execute by pressing any key on your keyboard.

To remove nanodlp from boot completely, comment following line on /etc/rc.local file by putting # at the start of the line.
/bin/bash /home/pi/printer/config/run.sh
to
#/bin/bash /home/pi/printer/config/run.sh

#3 2016-03-19 04:31:16

sgraber
Website

Shahin wrote:

You have three seconds at the end of boot procedure to prevent nanodlp being execute by pressing any key on your keyboard.

This never has worked for me.  I watch and wait for the  "Press any char key in 3 seconds to abort nanoDLP and go to Terminal" notification and I never see it.  My display goes blank before this even shows up and no matter how many keys I press, I can't get NanoDLP to exit to the terminal before boothing.

#4 2016-03-19 07:21:29

Shahin
Administrator

Unfortunately it seems you are using Raspbian Jessie, they have switched to systemd which I believe prevent such actions. Have you tried internal Terminate button? Or killing through terminal?

#5 2016-03-19 14:16:54

sgraber
Website

Shahin wrote:

Unfortunately it seems you are using Raspbian Jessie, they have switched to systemd which I believe prevent such actions. Have you tried internal Terminate button? Or killing through terminal?

Yes, I am running Jessie and not Jessie Lite.  Is there another version I should be running so that I can regain that startup option?  If so, which?

Yes, the NanoDLP Terminate button does indeed kill the process and allow me to drop back to the terminal.  I was just hoping that I could somehow regain that 3 second "kill" option as the pi boots up.  To get around this, I've commented out the pertaining line in rc.local so that I have to manually start NanoDLP using run.sh.

Now here's a feature request:  Is there any chance you could, in your setup.sh file, give us the option to make the pi an Access Point?  The use case would be if I take my printer to a Makerfaire I would have to reconfigure my pi to connect to their network and find my ip address.  If I could turn my pi into an Access Point, I could connect to it via its own session ID and I wouldn't have to reconfigure anything.  Thoughts?

#6 2016-03-19 16:34:44

Shahin
Administrator

Too many things require change  to make it part of setup script, I would like to include such feature into nanodlp itself but it is too much work.
http://elinux.org/RPI-Wireless-Hotspot
After rpi3 become common, I will try to implement, as it supports soft-ap with lots of advantages.

Making ethernet ip static probably lot easier to use for fairs.

Board footer