You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-04 06:18:28

matt3o

please official nanodlp control board marlin configuration

I understand that the firmware is vanilla Marlin, but we need the configuration file to actually being able to do anything with it. I don't understand the secrecy and to be honest I believe you are required to share it since Marlin is GPL licensed.

Marlin license says:

Whether you use Marlin firmware as the driver for your open or closed-source product, you must keep Marlin open, and you must provide your compatible Marlin source code to end users upon request. The most straightforward way to comply with the Marlin license is to make a fork of Marlin on Github, perform your modifications, and direct users to your modified fork.

Last edited by matt3o (2021-05-04 06:51:16)

#2 2021-05-04 07:06:11

bigfilsing

Re: please official nanodlp control board marlin configuration

Hi
It would help if you declared what control board you had ?? and gave a little more info on which printer you are trying to configure

Marlin in its raw downloaded form isn't configured for any printer and usually requires a specific config file for your printer. Particularly Z esteps and speed and feeds need to be set.
It also needs to be compiled for the specific processor on your control board !!
Also the NanoDLP option needs to be set in firmware if you want to make full use of NanoDLP's functionality .

I don't think there's any particular secrecy going on just people are reluctant to share as unless you have the identical printer and set up. Loading the wrong firmware can cause all manner of problems
For the record, there is no obligation whatsoever to share config files . Only hardware/ printer manufacturers have(should) to do that if they choose to use Marlin firmware in their machines.

Last edited by bigfilsing (2021-05-06 18:53:16)

#3 2021-05-04 07:10:13

matt3o

bigfilsing wrote:

Hi
It would help if you declared what control board you had ?? and gave a little more info on which printer you are trying to configure

... it's right there in the title... "official nanodlp control board"... that's why I'm asking

I'm just asking the firmware configuration for this https://www.nanodlp.com/nanodlp-controller-board/ which they are supposed to release

EDIT: I realized my reply sounded pretty rude, I'm sorry I didn't mean to and actually thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm just frustrated by companies using open source software to make money and they don't even comply to the licenses.

Last edited by matt3o (2021-05-04 08:24:40)

#4 2021-05-05 06:13:54

Shahin
Administrator

Matt,

As I mentioned it is marlin with no source code change. I had discussion with manufacturer regarding your case.
It seems you are only one firmware response wrongly to the request and it seems it is not official firmware. So they asking you to return board to check and configure it again.

#5 2021-05-05 08:19:54

matt3o

Shahin wrote:

Matt,

As I mentioned it is marlin with no source code change. I had discussion with manufacturer regarding your case.
It seems you are only one firmware response wrongly to the request and it seems it is not official firmware. So they asking you to return board to check and configure it again.

The configuration file IS under GPL license! You need to release it. Read the header of the configuration file: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli … guration.h

I DID NOT flash custom firmware! How could I if I don't have the configuration for your board. The fact that you imply that I did is upsetting. I'm using the official firmware that came with the board!

Honestly, it's really sad when a company takes an open source project, they make money out of it and don't even have the decency to respect the license.

#6 2021-05-05 19:17:36

bigfilsing

matt3o wrote:
bigfilsing wrote:

Hi

... it's right there in the title... "official nanodlp control board"... that's why I'm asking

I'm just asking the firmware configuration for this https://www.nanodlp.com/nanodlp-controller-board/ which they are supposed to release

EDIT: I realized my reply sounded pretty rude, I'm sorry I didn't mean to and actually thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm just frustrated by companies using open source software to make money and they don't even comply to the licenses.

Dont worry about it . Having been in similar situations i completely understand how frustrating it can be.

My bad on not reading the title properly I have zero experience with this kind of board and would not even know how to flash firmware to it.
Good luck and do post the solution you eventually find as it will inevitably serve future users
Cheers

Last edited by bigfilsing (2021-05-06 18:51:23)

Board footer