You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-22 14:58:59

sinned6915

print gcodes, Z stop position

is there a gcode file genereated with a print or is it only done on the fly?  is there a flowchart that shows what snippets are used in the printing process?

I see the .png's corresponding to the slices on the rpi, but not the gcode.

I am trying figure out why my build platform will not park at the top of the Z axis like it did previously. I have tried all sorts of changes, but nothing works correctly or simply. I'd like to see the gcode to verify the behavior.  Not having this causes me disruption in my workflow.

backstory:

I have a D7. I control power to the printer via a gpio controlled relay.

why?  becasue I do not baby sit any of my printers. when a print would finish, they shut down. FDM & SLA.  With SLA, the problem that presented itself at first was the platform would park at the top and excess resin would cure on the print, presuambly because of the blue LED that shines by the Z endstop.. that was 'fixed' by shutting off the power to the D7 in the print stop gcode via gpio command. worked great until i  believe that nanoDLP changed something internally.

now, the behavior of nanoDLP appears to be do whatever is in the 'Print Stop" code before it parks the platform at the top. That is the issue that plagues me.

I have tried writing a print stop code that will move the platform to the top and then turn off the relay.

G1 Z{[[LayerPosition]]+10}       ; move plate up 10
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
G1 Z{180-[[LayerPosition]]}    ; move platform up to top by difference of max less posistion 
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[GPIOLow 36]]

This doe not seem to fully execute. The platform will more up 10 and that is is. I have tried removing logic statements, but they dont seem to matter.

When I remove everything, including the GPIO command, the platform moves up a bit above the print stop point but I do not know where it is coming from. I thought that there was another 'Wait Position' setting somewhere but I can not find it. iirc, it was also 10 by default. Did it get eliminated?

Here is a screenshot of my current settings.

oxPKks8.png

Last edited by sinned6915 (2021-03-23 02:08:08)

#2 2021-03-23 01:23:12

bigfilsing

Re: print gcodes, Z stop position

Hi
I understand what you are trying to achieve and am also interested in the "post print" behavior on my printer.
What i don't understand is the  "G1 Z{180\5-[[LayerPosition]]} "  What is the 180/5 trying to achieve ?
I'm assuming the "180"  is your max Z height   IF so i think this may need to be an absolute movement rather than a relative one.

I suppose moving by the amount (180- Layer position) would achieve the same  but Im intrigued by the /5 element in the equation ?
Good luck

#3 2021-03-23 02:05:08

sinned6915

omg, utter shame. that is a typo. i was trying to clean up al the notes and code i had burried in there.

it should read- {{180-layer position}}

while I can go up to 200, I reduced to 180 because I am still on D7 FW versio 1.3 

G1 Z{[[LayerPosition]]+10}       ; more plate up 10
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
G1 Z{180-[[LayerPosition]]}    ; more platform up to top by difference of max less posistion 
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[GPIOLow 36]]

#4 2021-03-23 12:15:35

Shahin
Administrator

I think you mixed up absolute and relative positioning.
If you want to move 180mm position. Just need to modify your gcode to below one.

G1 Z180; more platform up to top
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[GPIOLow 36]]

Also positions not saved properly on nanodlp side due to mistake on gcode, so any reference to position on NanoDLP will cause unexpected movements. By quick look I think your resume code would not work on many occasions.

#5 2021-03-23 12:17:55

Shahin
Administrator

All gcodes being generated on-fly.

#6 2021-03-23 18:03:44

sinned6915

Shahin wrote:

G1 Z180; more platform up to top
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[GPIOLow 36]]

That does not work to raise the platform up. the platform stays at approximatley 10mm above the vat level.

The GPIO command executes because the printer is off.

The print log shows the  G1 command but its not executed.

I have tried putting in G90 and G91 to make sure that the positioning is relevent.

I feel very disabled not able to see the gcode that gets sent. That is step number 1 in all CNC debugging.

#7 2021-03-23 18:41:36

Shahin
Administrator

Open RAMPS terminal you should see all gcodes being transmitted. Which firmware you are using? Marlin?

Board footer