You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-19 18:18:09

amygee889

New to NanoDLP - HELP PLEASE!

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to get my Phrozen Sonic Mini up and running with NanoDLP. I am using the Raspberry Pi 3+ and have already downloaded the NanoDLP image file to my micro SD card, and connected it to the printer and internet through ethernet. However, I can't seem to get all the specifications when I look for them online, and I also can't get the NanoDLP to recognize the USB port my printer is connected to on the raspberry pi. Am I missing a step or am I doing something wrong?

I wish there was a step by step tutorial on how to get NanoDLP working just fine, especially for people like me that are very new to this type of software. I use 3D printers all the time, Phrozen Sonic Mini, Anycubic Photon, Moonray S, etc. However, I wanted to try this program out to make the file sending wireless for two of my printers. I just can't seem to get it working.

Thank you!
Amadaamy G.

#2 2021-03-20 01:10:16

bigfilsing

Re: New to NanoDLP - HELP PLEASE!

Hi
I'm not exactly sure what system the Sonic mini uses but if , as i suspect, its a proprietary closed system with its own control board , 2K LCD screen & touch control screen you may not be able to use NanoDLP to control it unfortunately.   I have the same issue with my Elegoo Mars Pro.
The USB port is intended for external memory and is not configured to work as an external control port.

Nano DLP is more intended for machines that need a HDMI image generator and use a "RAMPS" compatible control board that accepts Gcode commands.
Sorry i don't have better news
Regards
Phil

#3 2021-03-21 05:56:35

Shahin
Administrator

Re: New to NanoDLP - HELP PLEASE!

I am not also aware of this specific model, but currently for STM (chip) chitu based printers it is not possible to use nanodlp and you need to change controller board.
For ARM (chip) chitu based printers (mostly high end), you can use nanodlp. For example there is comprehensive guide on how to use nanodlp on phrozen transformer.

Board footer