You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-07 23:31:12

goopyplastic

windows alpha version - display problems

- If I click to make fullscreen it goes fullscreen for 3-4 second then minimizes to the tray.
- The display area also freezes very easily (not responding) and has to be closed and restarted.
- Display number field under projector setup doesn't seem to do anything.

#2 2016-12-09 21:10:47

Shahin
Administrator

Re: windows alpha version - display problems

Please, try the new version. Let me know if any of those issues persist.

#3 2017-02-14 09:54:02

Gatto

Giving a try to win64 version, configured everything as on PI (on PI works greatly) but problem with HDMI.

Second form for HDMI starts but always black and same on lcd2560.

With CW it works, so I tend to exclude hw issues.

Maybe win version is not able to manage 2560 1440 resolution?

Did someone was able to run lcd2560 with windows version?

#4 2017-02-14 15:51:18

Shahin
Administrator

What is the exact problem? After you press "start display" on windows version, the second display should goes black.
You should connect to the nanodlp through browser to control it. If you go to the calibration page, and click on any images, they should be rendered correctly.

Also make sure you have chosen correct resolution.

#5 2017-02-14 16:53:40

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

What is the exact problem? After you press "start display" on windows version, the second display should goes black.
You should connect to the nanodlp through browser to control it.

Yes, obviously that was done wink

Shahin wrote:

If you go to the calibration page, and click on any images, they should be rendered correctly.

That's the problem, second form created by program is black, it remains black, no matter if you use calibration or sliced job, black, always black.
So LCD is black, nothing on it.

CW works same way, it creates a second form that is second monitor and render images on it, but it works.

What I can try ?

#6 2017-02-14 20:00:11

Shahin
Administrator

I am not sure how CW works but nanodlp is using opengl on windows/linux. Is the problem only exist with this specific display or you have the same issue with other displays too?

#7 2017-02-15 09:53:15

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

I am not sure how CW works but nanodlp is using opengl on windows/linux. Is the problem only exist with this specific display or you have the same issue with other displays too?

Tested now with my TV, same problem.

Win10 Nvidia GTX 650, driver and OpenGL up to date.

Win32 and Win64 same problem.

No matter about resolution or display or 2560x1440 or 1440x2560 or alterning HDMI parameters (scan type, polarity front porch ...) always a nice black.

Cloning first display on HDMI I can see desktop, so I imagine is something related to your program.

Today I will try with a laptop to have a cross test.

#8 2017-02-15 18:52:34

Gatto

Did some more tests

nanodlp on Gole1 win10->lcd2560=black
nanodlp on Gole1 win10->Pavilion27xi=black with a piece of toolbar and blinking form into it

cw on Gole1 win10->lcd2560=ok
cw on Gole1 win10->Pavilion27xi=ok

Tested extend, clone, change resolution ... simply nothing.

I was interested into using cheap UMPC instead of raspberry because of touch screed, stand alone, speed, disk space, connectivity...

Do you plan to go on with win release?

#9 2017-02-15 20:18:37

Shahin
Administrator

I have update the program. Please, let me know if the issue is fixed or not.

What kind of requirements do you have for UMPC?

#10 2017-02-16 07:43:34

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

let me know if the issue is fixed or not.

Yes, now it works, thank you.

Shahin wrote:

What kind of requirements do you have for UMPC?

Acuatlly I'm using Gole1, they fit the need and price is acceptable. I use them for my laser printers, plan to use also for lcd with your sw.

Your sw works on them greatly, just wondering how to slice on remote PC and then upload to UMPC, first raw solution is to overwrite Plate index file and plate forlder... big_smile

Not yet tested, but can I run server exe on UMPC and connect to him via LAN on 8080 port? Does server accept multiple connection (local browser and remote one)?

About requirement, I still have to deep test everything, by sure I need power on/off fans, temperature check and other gadgets but I can write down some code to manage them

running frontend in a browser frame, but first want to deep discover all features.

Thank you again for great job you did.

#11 2017-02-16 08:37:55

Shahin
Administrator

You are right currently only way to move plate around is overwriting plate index and etc.

If UMPC is based on x86 or amd64 architecture, you should not have issue any running it. Only possible problem you could face is lack of opengl support which I doubt.
You can connect to it from everywhere in your network. It has very competent web server so many clients could connect to it if needed.

Thank you for the bug report.

#12 2017-02-16 09:48:07

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

If UMPC is based on x86 or amd64 architecture, you should not have issue any running it.

On Intel Atom Cherry Trail it works, OpenGL works great.

Some other issues

- [[WaitForDoneMessage]] will not work on win64, from terminal I see "ok" back from serial but server waits forever, using delay works, but must calculate everytime I change speed or Zlift
- Recreate plate will not update the frontend, in order to understand if ready need to refresh browser or check log
- 500MB stl brick the server (jewelsmith full table print, we need it)

#13 2017-02-16 17:34:34

Shahin
Administrator

- [[WaitForDoneMessage]] will not work on win64, from terminal I see "ok" back from serial but server waits forever, using delay works, but must calculate everytime I change speed or Zlift
It is very unlikely check the settings again maybe there is more  [[WaitForDoneMessage]] than G1 command or firmware is not patched. If you are sure it is an issue on nanodlp side, share some activity log.

- Recreate plate will not update the frontend, in order to understand if ready need to refresh browser or check log
It is a case for all versions

500MB STL require at-least 1GB memory, how much memory do you have on your device? What about RPi do you have the same issue on it too?
Do you have any resource monitor on your device?

#14 2017-02-16 18:39:31

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

It is very unlikely check the settings again maybe there is more  [[WaitForDoneMessage]] than G1 command or firmware is not patched. If you are sure it is an issue on nanodlp side, share some activity log.

M106 S0
G1 Z{[[LayerThickness]]+[[ZLiftDistance]]} ; Lift to wait position
G1 Z-{[[ZLiftDistance]]}
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]

terminal:

ok
ok
ok

Shahin wrote:

It is a case for all versions

ok, we refresh, no problem

Shahin wrote:

500MB STL require at-least 1GB memory, how much memory do you have on your device? What about RPi do you have the same issue on it too?
Do you have any resource monitor on your device?

tested on dektop pc 16GB RAM, can you give your email, I will wetransfer you table and whole sw folder so you can test yourself

Last edited by Gatto (2017-02-16 18:40:41)

#15 2017-02-17 08:53:17

Shahin
Administrator

You are using unpatched firmware to make [[WaitForDoneMessage]] works you need to use patched marlin or another patched firmware. you can find couple of threads about WaitForDoneMessage on the forum.

shahin at nanodlp.com

#16 2017-02-17 09:38:38

Gatto

Shahin wrote:

You are using unpatched firmware to make [[WaitForDoneMessage]] works you need to use patched marlin or another patched firmware. you can find couple of threads about WaitForDoneMessage on the forum.

shahin at nanodlp.com

Ok I will

thank you

#17 2017-02-17 21:19:40

Gatto

Gatto wrote:
Shahin wrote:

shahin at nanodlp.com

Ok I will

thank you

Fixed, now it works fine, thank you.

Board footer