You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-07 08:37:53

abyrok

[SOLVED] WLAN is deactivated after NanoDLP installation

Hi,

I have an issue, where I need your help:

I want to use a Raspberry Pi 3 as host for my NanoDLP server. I follow the instructions on "http://www.nanodlp.com/download/" "Advanced Instructions". After installing "Jessie Lite" I first setup my RPi working in my local WLAN and use the built-in "wlan0" adapter. Everything works fine:
* wlan0 has a fixed IP address via DHCP from my router
* SSH connection
* RPi online for more than 12hours etc.)

However, as soon as I install NanoDLP (using the shell comment " (wget http://www.nanodlp.com/nanodlp.tar.gz -O - | tar -C /home/pi -xz);cd /home/pi/printer;sudo ./setup.sh ") the built-in WLAN adapter is deactivated and I need to hava a LAN cable connection between my router and the RPi3 (which is very inconvenient in my case).

After nanoDLP installation, the shell comment "ifconfig" shows only "eth0" and "lo" as interfaces.
The files "etc/network/interfaces" and "etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf" were not altered by nanoDLP installation.
A reboot after nanoDLP does not help.

The command "iwconfig" shows the wlan0 adapter.
The comment "iwlist wlan0 scanning" results in "wlan0     Failed to read scan data : Network is down".

I need to manually activate wlan0 by "sudo ifdown wlan0" and "sudo "ifup wlan0" to have a WLAN connection again, but after a reboot wlan0 is down again (and needs manual activation) in order to access the RPi via WLAN.
(nanoDLP itself is running).

Can you tell me, what in the nanoDLP installation could cause my RPi to de-activate the wlan0-interface?

thanks
Abyrok

Last edited by abyrok (2016-12-08 12:43:32)

#2 2016-12-07 09:48:54

Shahin
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] WLAN is deactivated after NanoDLP installation

Hi Abyrok,

I have update the beta version to be less aggressive in controlling wifi when SSID does not set on nanodlp setup page.
Let me know if it fixed the issue.

#3 2016-12-08 07:08:33

abyrok

Hello,

I have re-tested with the same command according "Advanced Installation": (wget http://www.nanodlp.com/nanodlp.tar.gz -O - | tar -C /home/pi -xz);cd /home/pi/printer;sudo ./setup.sh. According to my understanding this is where to get the beta from....

Unfortunatley no change in behaviour ..

best regard
Abyrok

#4 2016-12-08 08:37:22

Shahin
Administrator

For the beta version you should use following url  http://www.nanodlp.com/nanodlp.beta.tar.gz

Also you can upgrade to beta version through setup page / tools tab.

#5 2016-12-08 12:43:06

abyrok

Hi, thanks!

Using the beta-URL solves the issue. I can access my NanoDLP RPi via WiFi!

thanks again for quick feedback
Abyrok!

#6 2016-12-19 00:06:34

Phife

Is there a solution to this other than using the Beta version? Im trying to get a new lcd printer going with Nanodlp and Im having the same issue with the Wlan being disabled. Beta version works, but im having other issues with the screen orientation that might be related to the beta version?

#7 2016-12-19 03:42:52

Phife

Ok I think I got it figured out, I was able to setup the stable version of nanodlp and then connect it via ethernet to setup wifi. Its working correctly now. Screen orientation was not related to beta, changing the projector resolution does nothing.

#8 2016-12-19 05:36:18

Shahin
Administrator

To make resolution apply you need to restart rpi after change.

Board footer