You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-21 19:50:50

user1234567890

looking for stable setup

had a phrozen sonic mini that had a vat failure... and subsequently the lcd is trash as well.

rather than invest money in a 90$ part, or try to source a part from Ali.. I'd like to see about doing a nanodlp build.  I'm not sure what builds are out there, as I haven't yet seen a page showing various configs.  I came upon a post from a user in some other group mentioning this development.  I have experience with the Raspberry Pi and Linux (somewhat limited), but I would like to have a build centered primarily around a known good setup that uses a display size of about 8-9 inches.  I am accustomed to the resolution of the sonic mini, and the printing time isn't much of an issue so long as the quality is there.  I'd like to avoid using a mono display to reduce cost... especially if the reservoir of resin ever leaks again.

Thanks in advance!

-also, I noticed someone saying that older RaPi's are no longer viable (own a RPi3), not sure if this is the case?

#2 2021-02-22 01:50:38

bigfilsing

Re: looking for stable setup

Hi
Bad luck with the leak . I can only imagine the mess.
The elegoo mars ( 5.4 inch) replacement screens are around the 50 dollar mark nowadays which is certainly an improvement from 2 or so years back.
Even cheaper in some places
https://www.filamentone.com/products/el … PyEALw_wcB

You have to be careful with the connector type thou . There's a couple of different ones.

The Raspi3 works fine In fact its all i have.
The main issue i see a lot of people have is getting the image to show and  orientation "on" the screen.  So some careful editing of the config.txt to suit your screen of choice is needed.

Good luck

Board footer