You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-06 22:59:31

haydn

Can you explain precisely what the [[WaitForDoneMessage]] does?

I'm trying to use it with GRBL 0.9j, but not having any luck.

Could you also include a short example?

This is the G-code I tried:

$H
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]

----
This is the G-code which I used as a work-around:

$H
[[Delay 7]]

----
Ideally, when working with GRBL, it should emit the "?" command, examine the response, and if it doesn't begin with "<Idle, ", then wait for a short period of time and repeat.

Here is a link to GRBL's current status command's documentation:  https://github.com/grbl/grbl/wiki/Confi … ent-status

If this isn't compatible with the [[WaitForDoneMessage]] command, then perhaps a [[WaitForIdle]] could be added?

#2 2016-03-06 23:52:40

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Can you explain precisely what the [[WaitForDoneMessage]] does?

Whenever nanodlp reads [[WaitForDoneMessage]] command, it waits for "Z_move_comp" response from 3rd party board. muve3d's marlin version currently patched to do that, grbl is also patched but as I know they have not published it yet.

Problem with ? command is nanodlp should flood grbl to know when movement is completed and detection would not be instant. But using patched version movements completion is almost instantly gets detected.

We are working on couple of commands which will delegate whole positioning from marlin/grbl to nanodlp it will improve things a lot. And [[WaitForDoneMessage]] will be required to make new commands work.

#3 2016-03-08 22:14:31

kitprinter3d

If this helps we have patched GRBL 0.9 for the SolidRay: https://github.com/kitprinter3d/grbl/tr … l-solidray
Just add G4 P0.1 after each layer Z movement.

#4 2017-03-21 20:07:56

jamesarm97

I also had to modify Repetier for this. I looked at Marlin for the changes but concluded they were just sending the Z_move_comp message back after accepting the command and not after the move has been finished. My change has an option that will not send back the move complete until after it is finished. This way you do not have to worry about how long the peel and lift takes. I could be wrong about the Marlin patch but that is how it looked to me.

#5 2017-03-21 21:36:11

Shahin
Administrator

James,

If you do not mind, I would like to share the link on main page to your patched firmware.

Board footer