You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-18 10:01:07

Jonners59

Frequent Problems connecting to nanoDLP via Ethernet

As reported elsewhere in another query, I am creating this as it is a separate issue.
I am having constant and regular issues NOT being able to log on to and operate my nanoDLP due to networking problems.  There are NO proxys and the IP is fixed by the DHCP server.  The Pi is connected via Ethernet, and whilst it would be possible to use WiFi I prefer not to.  Ideally, it would be nice to have it set up as a fallback.  However, the issue is:

As things were starting to come together, I felt that last night I would attempt a test print, and it sort of worked, but this AM, can't get into either SDCard (1 x active and a spare for back up).

When I ping I get good responses, but when I SSH I can not get in nor via a browser.  The Ethernet board is ONLY lit by the amber LED, the green is not on and SSH I get the following message:

ssh pi@192.168.1.26
kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
Connection reset by 192.168.1.26 port 22

This scenario happens a lot.  I have a number of cards with builds on and it has happened on all and after many (c30) rebuilds of the image.  I am on the latest build, having upgraded all again last night.  Sometimes, after hard power off and restart it might come back, but not often - it is ALSO fraught with dangers of corrupting the SDCard, and THAT is exactly what happened before and has just happened with one of these ecards.  The CARD gets locked by an owner and can not be used again.  It can not even be wiped and reimaged, and can only be thrown away.  It is nothing to do with the LAN, this is the build.  I can't keep rebuilding images, throwing away SDCards and buying new.

Any ideas, please?

Last edited by Jonners59 (2021-01-18 13:48:57)

Jonners59
:-D

Board footer