You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-12 13:52:25

Jonners59

Better Backup and fully exposed Machine Settings and things

Can I suggest some simple but frustrating fixes.
1. Machine Settings are all hidden, and need to be exposed - can never remember how to do so and struggle for ages before it comes to me.  Can't that be set to a simple hide button?

2. Backup:  Can it do a complete, machine settings, models and resin profiles, the lot in one.  Just had a crash on my machine and had to rebuild and there are no resins, no models, and I can't check the settings as per 1 above.

3. Restore:  If 2 above, can the back up, once selected, then have a tick-box in the upload as to what it restores.  I have other devices the when a full backup is made, and restored, I can select all or certain aspects to restore.  Makes backups easier to administer.

4. Backup:  Can it be made simpler and more logical, also the restore.  It is not clear what is being backed up and what is being restored...

5. ssh access, why  is this not a tick box to choose to have and add a password.

6. SCale LCD:  Can there be a simple display option in screen calibration of a simple shape that is exactly 1cm2.  It can be displayed and measured.  That will say if the screen is showing too large or small and a simple resize slider on each axis to scale it correctly

Jonners59
:-D

#2 2021-01-12 20:06:42

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Better Backup and fully exposed Machine Settings and things

1. It should not be hidden, just few options are hidden. (On the latest builds)
2. Backup should take everything except os level configs.
5. Security compromise
6. Boundary image already have it on the more recent versions.

#3 2021-01-13 15:56:24

Jonners59

Shahin wrote:

1. It should not be hidden, just few options are hidden. (On the latest builds)
2. Backup should take everything except os level configs.
5. Security compromise
6. Boundary image already have it on the more recent versions.

1. As per the query I have already raised, not the case, and why hide anything.  It just makes things more complex and difficult.
2. Would be better with more options, as above, but if the powers deem it good enough, who am I to suggest an improvement.
5. How.  From what I can see SSL is automatically enabled with the standard Pi password.  Can't think of anything more compromised.  Surely better to have in Tools an option for SSL, and once ticked, then insists on a user password being entered, and only then it is available.
6. Not quite the same thing.  I have never seen the boundary layers when I have used it TBH, but I did find projecting a known 10mm x10mm image and measuring it worked easily, quickly and great.  Also would be good to have an image projected to show if the screen is inverted and rotation/orientation, as Wanhao does.  COuld be the nanoDLP wording and logo.

Jonners59

#4 2021-01-15 12:59:37

Shahin
Administrator

Latest boundary calibration does display extra measurement cube in middle.
Good idea will add nanodlp logo.

#5 2021-01-15 14:04:45

Jonners59

Shahin wrote:

Latest boundary calibration does display extra measurement cube in middle.

I have not seen the calibration work yet TBH - see other blogs - and before, never really had any joy with boundary, esp as print area is not the same as screen area, I suspect the later is out of sight, hence the need for a model.  But you say that is there in the latest so should be good, but do give size.

Shahin wrote:

Good idea will add nanodlp logo.

Glad it is of interest. :-)

Jonners59

Board footer