You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-11 17:41:20

mgillan

help with display issue

I am using nanoDLP in a laboratory setting on a private network with no internet access. Yesterday I tried to add a new plate and the new plate page repeatedly timed out. I tried upgrading nanoDLP to the latest stable version (I was running 4077, I think, although I don't know how to look up what I was running before). This allowed me to add plates, but now I am getting a display issue.

I have tried this on both a TV and the projector in the printer and it is reproducible. When I try to display a calibration plate, what displays is a very distorted version of the calibration plate on the upper third of the display followed by a rpi dialog (similar to what displays when it starts up). It asks for a login but logging in with pi and raspberry doesn't clear out the display, it just waits for a command.

Please let me know how to share any debug info or pictures of what it is displaying and I will do that. Thanks!

#2 2020-11-11 22:23:05

mgillan

Re: help with display issue

It seems like this is a consistent issue with folks based on the new version of raspberry pi os. Can I return to a previous build of nanoDLP? I'm not sure what caused the plate add page to time out, but the upgrade seems to have caused even more problems.

#3 2020-11-12 07:07:32

Shahin
Administrator

Please, share a debug file and also photo of disorientation. On the latest builds, nanodlp intentionally does not handle wrong resolution, so it may indicate wrong HDMI settings.

#4 2020-11-13 17:42:42

mgillan

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YPdunT … sp=sharing

Here is a picture of what is happening on the screen, debug file will take more time since it is on a private network

#5 2020-11-14 09:44:50

Shahin
Administrator

It is wrong resolution

#6 2020-11-16 16:12:27

mgillan

Okay, thank you. I fixed the resolution and the display looks good.

However, I had it set to something different than the projector to resize the projection on the bottom of the reservoir. I need a square output of a certain size and would like to avoid complicated optics. Before, I simply changed the resolution to fit the space and accepted some loss of xy resolution.

Is there a way to set the build platform size so that the image is scaled or does not use the entire display area? I physically can't get the projector close enough to the bottom of the reservoir to make it the right size. If not, can I roll back nanoDLP to an earlier build? I tried using a backup file and it did not change the build version.

Board footer