You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-07 15:59:46

Throckmorton

Initial Hardware Setup – Raspberry Pi and L298bN Stepper Motor

I just started investigating this software and have not found answers to some of my questions in the forums. I have been able to install NanoDLP on a RPI3 and am able to get to the local website. Yea!
I’m basically just wanting to make a pancake printer since I have already printed out all of the parts.

I have the following available hardware:
•    Several Raspberry Pis
•    Several Arduino Unos
•    3 - L298bN Driver
•    Lots of 4-wire Nema stepper motors
•    Several seros

Using separate code I am able to control the 4-wire stepper motors with a L298bN driver though a very basic python program that I found in the internet.

I looked though the forums but I just have not been able to find the answers to some of my questions. I did see the following document (www. anodlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3) but it didn't have the pins that are used.
•    Is it possible to only use the RPI and the pins for the entire project, or do you have to (or strongly recommended) to go through an Arduino?
•    For either case, is there a diagram of the pins that are used?

#2 2020-10-07 19:30:38

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Initial Hardware Setup – Raspberry Pi and L298bN Stepper Motor

1. RAMPS (Arduino) prefered but not mandatory.
2. No nanodlp specific wiring except, if you can make it work through python program, just enter correct pins on nanodlp setup page (direction and pulse) then it should work.

#3 2020-10-08 21:46:29

Throckmorton

Re: Initial Hardware Setup – Raspberry Pi and L298bN Stepper Motor

Thanks.
I see in the setup page where I can choose the GPIO for the Z-Axis, but not for the X or Y. Where am I not seeing it?

Board footer