You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-04 00:28:55

elliot

Need some help after crash and burn

I need some help diagnosing no motion after a crash: I was running a test on step increments and my digital gauge with magnet base dropped onto the arduino and ramps. The printer immediately stopped motion.

I shut off power within a few seconds and noted a little bit of smoke.

I pulled the arduino and ramps to check them out. The arduino was fried - installed a new one. Ramps seemed to check out along with the drivers - it powered on . I installed ramps and drivers after checking voltage and going with lower than I had previously on Vref. Started the printer, asked it to move 1 mm, 100 pulses, home. Manually triggered the endstops. I can hear the motors try to move - but no motion. I moved the Vref back up, still nothing.

I installed a new ramps board and drivers checked Vref and reset them to the original voltage. Still nothing. I am wondering if it is a motor issue and how to diagnose. I have spare NEMA 17s but didn't realize they may not be the same wiring. They are all 4 wires but different colors. This printer was originally a MUVE3d and has served very well. \

Any help is appreciated.

Board footer