You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-29 04:49:29

Soren

Top down DLP 3D printerwith larger print size.

HI,

I'm new to this, but have some ideas and plan to build a larger top-down DLP 3D printer using a 4K projector and Nanodlp for the controls, so I have some questions for the Nanodlp that I need help with.

1. Is it possible with Nanodlp Sheld to use a larger stepper driver for Nema 23 engines, e.g. 4.2A, 2.4Nm?

2. Can Nanodlp handle, support multiple exposure areas for each layer / slices ?

The idea is to increase the XY building size without compromising resolution and UV light density, then move the DLP projector from one area to the next area at that time, for each layer to extend the overall print size.
This could be done by a step-by-step process, or as an non stop slow motion move from side to side, for each layer .. is this possible with the Nanodlp ?
Also the movement time from one area to the next is faster than the Z-layer-by-layer process. So all in all, should shorten the print time.

Thanks
Soren

#2 2020-05-29 07:53:28

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Top down DLP 3D printerwith larger print size.

2. Yes, we have it under development for a manufacturer.

#3 2020-05-29 08:03:30

Soren

Shahin, thanks for your reply. So will it be included in the Nanodlp software later / public available or exclusive for manufacturing / customer?

Soren

#4 2020-05-29 11:45:08

bigfilsing

1.   I don't know of any driver that would be a plug and play swap on a NanoDLP shield.
It would not be difficult to  identify and patch into the signals required for a standalone stepper driver . You only really need STEP,DIR & EN 
Something like https://www.banggood.com/HANPOSE-TB6600 … rehouse=CN

Neither the shield nor a standard 3D printer style board will handle the 4 amp you indicated.  So you need to decide whether a NanoDLP shield will give you the flexibility you want for what sounds like a custom system.
Maybe something even as simple as a Ramps board would be more flexible ( more I/Os and stepper circuits & servo options and screen options ). The beauty of the Nano Sheild is its simplicity but it may quite quickly limit you in your development.
Good luck

Board footer