You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-28 12:38:08

janzobanzo

Removed UV filter from projector, now one corner is dimmer..

Hello my friends,

Today, I've tried replacing stock UV filter from projector (Benq TK7800M), with replacement borosilicate glass, to allow more UV light to pass through the projector.
When I replaced the filter I've tried powering projector, and it ran for about 15 minutes, before one corner of the screen got dimmer. The rest of the screen is okay..
What do you think happened? Could it be the lamp? or is the chip damaged?
if the lamp is damaged, I could try using some UV lamp.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

#2 2020-05-28 14:46:30

janzobanzo

Re: Removed UV filter from projector, now one corner is dimmer..

I've now took the whole projector apart, I've found that one lens in dlp chip assembly got broken. I've removed the lens, and it had big black spot (which would explain the dim screen..)
Now, does anyone have any idea where to get replacement lenses like these (I need one piece of double convex lens.) (Photo with dimensions in following link:  https://imgur.com/a/Vm489gn )

Sincerely,
komad

#3 2020-06-10 11:45:19

Sint

Re: Removed UV filter from projector, now one corner is dimmer..

Ask the manufacturer for replacement. Or try to find the part number and search online. Or find a lens supplier and use the measurements to find a replacement.

The reason this happened is because things got to hot. I also removed the UV filter in my projector. But before I did that I put the projector in "High altitude" mode. This will make the fan(s) work harder. And I also have a PC-fan blowing air at the air intake of my projector to keep things cool inside. No problems and have run lots of prints.

Board footer