You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-08 19:55:51

macdarren

Rotate 90 change

Maybe it is just me or how my models are made but I find the rotate feature of the Advanced plate config kinda odd.

It appears to rotate the model 90 degrees about one of its end points....
Maybe someone finds this useful but I find it seldom helps me...

What I want is a rotate around the center vertical axis....
Thus a model that doesn't quite fit on a rectangular plate could could be rotated so the long
and short axes (X,Y) are switched and it could then maybe fit the plate.

Current scheme seems to only result in larger prints being shifted half off the plate.

Thanks

#2 2020-04-09 08:06:12

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Rotate 90 change

Is it happen even when you choose to center piece?

#3 2020-04-09 14:26:34

macdarren

Re: Rotate 90 change

Edit2:

No combination of auto-center and rotate seems to get me what I want..
My printer shows a print area that is longer than it is tall.
(I am using how the model appears in web interface when I say tall/top/bottom and long/left/right)
My model using the defaults is centered both left to right and top to bottom
The model is much taller top to bottom than left to right and will not totally fit the plate due to top and bottom edges being trimmed off
I want to simply rotate the model around it's center so it is printed with the longer axis going left to right..it will easily fit the print area.
No combination I have found of center and rotate will get me this.  I end up with the model going off the print area on the left or on the right
sometimes it is centered top to bottom other times is is in the lower left corner or it seems to be rotated of the print area all together so it is just a black box showing.

Maybe I am just doing something wrong.
My current solution has been to rotate the model in my Cad program or support builder but it would surely be nice if I could
just position the model on the print bed inside nanoDLP

edit:  I found auto center which is what I use...I will try other options to see what I get

I don't see a center choice...

in profile there is  rotate 90, disabled
On plate there is:  rotate 90, same as profile, do not rotate

I do seem to recall seeing a center option in the past but now can't find it profile
I usually use do not rotate in the profile and same as profile on the plate.

If I could find center then that would make sense that rotate would work as I like...

I must be missing something...

Last edited by macdarren (2020-04-09 16:57:01)

Board footer