You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-08 15:48:53

macdarren

Semi Tech question

If I ssh into the nanoDLP RPi,
and I look at the Plates folder
the plates are owned by either root or pi with a large collection of random group numbers and various permissions

I am curious what permissions should be for the plates directory and its contents... (chmod -R ??? plates) and (chown -R ?:? plates)
everything seems to work as is but it also seems like this variation is probably not expected and is due to the multiple recreation of my Pi and moving files around.
It might also be why the backup function might be having problems.

Also I gather that NanoDLP generates G-code on the fly while it is printing vs creating a G-Code file at slice time.
I am wondering is there a way to get a complete G-Code output file for the entire plate (what would be sent to the printer during a full plate print (obviously only for non direct control systems))
The log has a bit too much other important nano stuff and using the plate preview for each is clumsy and requires calculation if dynamic features are used). 

Thanks in advance

Last edited by macdarren (2020-04-08 16:20:27)

#2 2020-04-09 04:58:45

macdarren

Re: Semi Tech question

I see in another thread that gcode output is not supported.  Oh well

#3 2020-04-09 08:00:20

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Semi Tech question

NanoDLP required direct memory access on RPi to run GPIO and etc. So it runs as root if plate created after installation it should be root. I do think if directory has x other permissions are not matter.

It is possible to export gcode but consider during gcode execution external scripts and reading could happen, for example resin level check. It may never become pre-process.

Board footer