You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-07 02:40:20

megamanxjac

at wits end trying to install this to a raspberry pi 3 b+

i have tried everything i could find to install this to a raspberry. what am i doing wrong. Ive flashed a drive. only to have no idea how to link it to my network(connecting it threw eithernet, showed nothing. and editing the  /boot/wpa_supplicant.conf seemingly did nothing.)

ive installed rasbian using noobs, and then I :

2. Power on Raspberry  and login raspbian linux.
3. Open raspbian linux, and link wifi to internet.the sign on to raspbian using VNC
4. Open raspbian Terminal, and key in "(wget http://www. nanodlp.com/nanodlp.tar.gz -O - | tar -C /home/pi -xz);cd /home/pi/printer;sudo ./setup.sh"
5. Instal have some message to select.
6. "After this operation, 559 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue?[Y/n]"   --->  I select "Y"
7. "Do you want to optimize Raspberry Pi settings for nanoDLP automatically?[Y/n]"   ----> I select "Y"
8. "Do you see black border around display output? (DISABLE OVERSCAN)"  ---> I select "n"
9. "Do you want to enable i2c to enable commuication with LCD and other hardware with i2c connectivity?[Y/n]"   --->I select "n"
10. "Do you want to add nanoDLP to startup by replacing rc.local? [Y/n]"   ---> I select "Y"
11. "To expand file system and enable camera module you need to use raspi-conifg. Do you want to use it now?[Y/n]" -----> I select "n"
12. System is auto reboot.

i have looked at my router the raspberry is signed on with ip 10.0.0.223. but every time i try to enter that or 10.0.0.223:8080 in to the browser i get nothing.

i even installed a 64 bit linux os onto the raspberry. with the idea that i could just use the raspberry as a linux machine and run the linux desktop install of nanodlp. only to find out that it wasnt compatible with the gentoo.
does the raspberry need to be connected to a printer it can communicate with before it shows up in browser?

can someone give me a idiot proof step by step for getting this to work. im trying to connect it to a wanhao d7.

Last edited by megamanxjac (2020-04-07 02:41:17)

#2 2020-04-07 07:30:00

bigfilsing

Re: at wits end trying to install this to a raspberry pi 3 b+

Hi > i feel your pain ...i too have had hours of fun ( NOT) with Raspberries with Octoprint and NanoDLP
First question is . Why haven't you downloaded and installed the NanoDLP image straight to SD ? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadcP5M8SHI

At initial start up definately go with a direct ethernet connection to test
when happy turn on wifi in NanoDLP.

1 more tip Since that video Marlin now has standard support for NanoDLP
Marlin 1.1.9  has it . Look in config_adv.h

Good luck

Last edited by bigfilsing (2020-04-07 07:35:22)

#3 2020-04-07 16:43:57

Sint

This is more of a raspberry pi problem than a Nanodlp problem.

I googled how to connect to wifi on the raspberry. Then I followed the steps and wifi was working. I had connected to Lan with a cable to set up the wifi. You need to edit a file and add your network name (SSID) and password etc.

maybe this helps:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati … ess-cli.md

If you can VNC to the raspberry and connect to it then internet is working.
Maybe Nanodlp doesnt start and then you can not connect to the ip of the raspberry. Also check your FireWall maybe it blockes connection to the raspberry ip. Mine did block it and i have to disable firewall or make exception for the pi.

Also make the IP of the raspberry a static ip. You have to do this in your Router/Modem. then the IP will always be the same.

Last edited by Sint (2020-04-07 16:47:06)

#4 2020-04-08 00:18:24

megamanxjac

@bigfilsing
thats where i started. i flash the drive and it doesnt work. i plug it into a monitor i get no response other than my monitor saying that its out of range. i plug it into an eithernet, and no new ip's are connected or created.

@sint.
im able to load an os and connect the raspberry to a network and vnc to it by itself. i just can not get nanodlp to work at all. does the desktop linux version of Nanodlp work on rasbian? cuz i was under the impression rasbian is in 32 bits where as the desktop vers requires 64 bits. i was able to load rasbian and then run the command "(wget http://www. nanodlp.com/nanodlp.tar.gz -O - | tar -C /home/pi -xz);cd /home/pi/printer;sudo ./setup.sh" to replace rasbian with nanodlp, but then nothing happens. when i connect it to my router and try to access its browser.

#5 2020-04-08 00:41:44

bigfilsing

megamanxjac wrote:

@bigfilsing
thats where i started. i flash the drive and it doesnt work. i plug it into a monitor i get no response other than my monitor saying that its out of range. i plug it into an eithernet, and no new ip's are connected or created.

That's strange Ive never had an issue loading the image and installing.  There is a chance there is something wrong with your Raspi but noting you have run NOOBS would suggest its OK.
Are you giving it enough time to install when booting the first time? It does take quite a while to complete.
NanoDLP is a "headless" install as it uses the HDMI port for the DLP printer so it doesn't surprise me you don't see anything on screen during install.

I have limited experience with Linux but shouldn't "wget" be "sudo wget"   Just an idea.

#6 2020-04-09 02:10:36

megamanxjac

ok i was able to install it by installing rasbian then installing the arm32 version of nanodlp on to the pi. im able to sign onto the raspberry with vnc and then start the nanodlp, to then be able to view the interface on my windows computer.  not sure if this overwrites the hdmi or not, but here is hoping it does and the rest of the set up of my wanhao is a bit easier.

#7 2020-04-09 08:05:07

Shahin
Administrator

Actually nanodlp installation script optimized for lite version of OS (without desktop). Because they are much less bloated and highly reliable. Anyway difference is not much, you just need to disable desktop env. systemd script and remaining steps are same as lite os version.
But I strongly suggest to disable disable desktop env

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question … ian-jessie

Board footer