You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-05 21:32:14

elliot

Shutter Studder

Hi All,

I know this is somewhere else on the board - I searched but could not find, please re-direct to the thread.

I have the nanodlp with RasPi3 and Ramps board. Recently the shutter started to studder/vibrates/shifts while making a z axis move. Wondering what stray voltage is causing the issue...The shutter is wired to ramps board via jumper and P2. Many thanks!

#2 2020-05-28 17:35:54

elliot

Re: Shutter Studder

So I have tied the servo to the Ras-Pi3 (4,6,8 pins) The servo was originally tied to the ramps with the jumper pin. I moved the 5v/gnd when I did this.

It will not activate through projector tools, or through direct gcode. I altered the times and positioning for open/close signals etc, still nothing. I also tried true/false vs servo, nothing.

I then tried to wire up power from ras-pi to servo and take the signal off the ramps board. This was a no go as well.

I reset and connected back to ramps board and blew it because I didn't switch the wires back... So have re-installed the new arduino and ramps to replace along with my software.

I set up a separate Ras-pi, ramps, arduino to check before using on the main printer. But I can't move the servo in the original configuration either. I added an endstop to check if this was a problem from the boot-up, and even sending gcode for open/close seem not to work.

I installed a different servo which appears to move to the correct position during boot up but won't move in either raspi, pras-pi+ramps or Ramps direct control after that initial positioning.

Really looking for ideas or tutorial on how people have wired theirs to RasPi and what the code is so I can stop the vibration during motion. I checked the muve site and as far as I can tell have everything set up correctly for either configuration. If there is a problem or prefered servo I am happy to move to that, but I know I have used this set-up previously with this servo motor - so wondering what I am missing or skipping!  Thanks!

Board footer