You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-01 00:14:05

macdarren

drain and vent holes...

I have seen and used this on some other applications and maybe it would be a better feature for nanoSupport....

But since hollowing is currently done in nanoDLP I figured I'd put the request here.

I like the feature that when I make a hollowed structure (basically a shell) to place drain and vent holes.
Currently we can hollow in nano and even create support (although I have issues with support generating filled layers when it should not)
What is needed in the case of a hollowed object is a way to drain resin, and also to allow venting at or near the base plate to reduce suction stresses....

Instead of just drilling a hole I would like a way to core the hollowed model then flip the core and print it on the plate so it can be reinserted into the model
after printing.  To make this easier it should be some asymmetric shape like "D" or something to make it easy to place the core back into the hole.
Also assuming the model does still have some reasonable thickness it would be nice if this was cut with a taper...so it won't just drop into the hollow model
as the surface layers will be slightly larger than the inner ones.

I guess put this in the category of nice to have, sort of a keep up with the competition feature.

A related feature would be some way to generate simple to remove tabs that can be used to help remove the model from the bed.
I've experimented with some shapes and tabs with 90 degree corners that can be pried or popped up with diagonal cutters to help get unsupported objects started seem to work.
The seem to work best with thinner attaching points or built in scoring to help remove them without model damage...then lightly sanding the attachment point is all that is needed.

#2 2020-01-01 04:56:11

Shahin
Administrator

Re: drain and vent holes...

As I know very few people using nanodlp web based support generator. Are you using it?

#3 2020-01-01 06:05:15

macdarren

Re: drain and vent holes...

No...I have to admit I actually forgot about it, since I started using other auto generators and nanoSupport....It was always a bit problematic on my preferred platform (macOS)

Last edited by macdarren (2020-01-01 06:05:32)

Board footer