You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-11 23:41:30

macdarren

suggest Resin Profile number return and a few other things

I know I have mentioned this before, and I know there is some desire to not clutter the screens,
but when using nanoSupport we really need a way to select the correct resin profile.  IF the profile names
can be passed back to nanoSupport then that would be cool, but if not, having a number displayed in nanoDLP for
each profile would be nice.... and I point out the number should not be embedded into the profile as the
same profile imported into a different machine should get the number on that machine not some fixed identifier.

While I like the idea that the slicing is done in nanosupport which is probably running on a faster machine than nanoDLP
I would be okay with an option where where the STL is sent to nanoDLP from nanoSupport as sort of a profile less unsliced plate)
and the profile selection and slicing is done on nanoDLP or its 'remote slicer'

As an aside I might like to see some meta data about which supporting and slicing software the STL has been
run through to generate a plate.  This is probably not important as everything becomes stable but as someone
using betas of everything it would be kinda nice to know what tools and versions were used to generate a given plate.
Also maybe a few bits of info on whether that plate has been printed and when and if it was successful.
The rational for this is that I often end up with many variations of a plate trying to get things just right and while
I try to clean up and dump plates that clearly fail sometimes I need to keep several...this all goes back to
improving plate management I guess.

#2 2019-12-12 06:01:23

Shahin
Administrator

Re: suggest Resin Profile number return and a few other things

Will work on improvements.

Board footer