You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-08 10:36:04

PropellerHat

Movements somehow wrong, "manual" z control works

Hi
I have partly lost my sanity while struggling few days with the weird issue in my printer: When trying to print the Z height doesn't actually change - All the layers are printed on the same height, zero. After the exposure the axis moves upwards the right amount (set in resin profile), but then moves back AND FURTHER untill the endstop apparently, since the end of the movement is not deaccelerated, instead it is a sudden stop as when homing (or flooring).

My setup is a direct GPIO -> DM556 (external driver with step, dir & enable connections) so I don't use Ramps or other boards. With the "manual" Z axis control the platform moves as expected (up goes up and down goes down, the right distances) and the endstop at the BOTTOM does it's job. I don't have TOP endstop as it feels unnecessary - or is it in the end?

The readings of Z axis are always NEGATIVE for some reason, and that surely has to do with the platform trying to move beyond the bottom endstop when printing. But why do the "manual" commands move the damn thing the right way then?

I'm puzzled

Thanks in advance!

-PropellerHat

#2 2019-12-08 20:28:59

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Movements somehow wrong, "manual" z control works

Looks like you are using relative positioning but your printer is in absolute positioning. You need to change positioning mode.

#3 2019-12-12 16:38:51

PropellerHat

I am just pushing the Z-control buttons on the Z axis control screen, and trying to print some test plates. How should I change the positioning mode? I can't see such setting.

#4 2019-12-13 06:37:27

Shahin
Administrator

Available on both nanodlp setup page and RAMPS firmware options.

Board footer