You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-14 22:47:55

macdarren

Beta 2437 slicing oddities

Re-slicing a model I have printed before...recently in fact...a couple of betas ago.

This time it reported every single layer as faulty which it didn't do before..maybe this is just new reporting...
When remote slicing with 2418 I do not get this report.

Also this is a hollow object (not hollowed in Nano but the actual STL), however the slicer
placed random full layers inside the hollowed space which of course it then reported as unsupported.
Remote slicer seems to generate the same ghost layers, I will have to go back and look at previous plates to see if this phenomenon was present then.

Just checked...previous plates show no ghost layers and while there are a few unsupported areas none were a problem while printing.

#2 2019-11-14 23:15:09

macdarren

Re: Beta 2437 slicing oddities

Followup....

Removing my internal supports that were inside the hollow object to provide strength and help was the last layers closed up, resulted in the ghost layers disappearing however at other places in the print the preview plates were just black which would probably result in print separation and failure.  Going back the same layers are missing on the previous slicing (with the ghost layers) too, so now maybe it is the model, however going back farther to the same model sliced a week or so ago, all layers are present.

I am not sure this is really something that needs follow up...I am going to re-export my STL file and see if I can get a clean slice.

Last edited by macdarren (2019-11-14 23:24:58)

#3 2019-11-15 07:13:20

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Beta 2437 slicing oddities

Could you share both sliced files?
Actually yes new reporting has been added to highlight layers contains malfunctioned triangles

Board footer